SRS Extreme, unmotivated bad moods.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Low, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Low

Low New Member

As happy as my name suggests I am (joke), I am rarely completely happy.
    Every day, at least once, I get into extremely bad moods, for no reason at all.

Reasons why I shouldn't be in a bad mood all the time:

Amazing girlfriend, who is also my bestfriend.
    Good friends, they'd have my back.
    I'm doing pretty well in school, above average.
    The job situation is looking good. (many applications out, not something I'm worried about)
    Good place with music. (i play the drums in some bands)

Extremes of my drastic moods:

Sometimes I really fuckin' hate my friends. I could just end them. (I won't)
    I get pissed at the tiniest things. Phone calls, parents calling for me, etc.
    Where I know nothing's wrong, and I'm bitching out at nothing AT ALL, I can't just accept being happy as an option.
    Can't barely think straight sometimes. It gets really messed.

Anyone else experiencing / experienced anything like this? It's a real pain to deal with.
    I'm a guy too, by the way, so it's not like... PMS or anything.

Sidenote: I can go about my daily life normally. No one except my girlfriend knows any of this to much extent. They know me as an angry person, though. But I can still crack jokes and live life and stuff. But when it comes down to sitting down and thinking, it really sucks.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Nothing in this universe can make you happy exept loving and helping other people. It all acts like a mirror ,what you put into it gets casted back on you. Since you are a hatefull agressive person and emitting this into your enviroment these unhappy thoughts get reflected back on you causing you to feel miserable ,despite all those happy factors listed above, there's really nothing exept real unconditional love to make you happy. This is because like Gasoline is needed for a car to move, love is the gas for the soul to move happy about.

3. Low

Low New Member

That's deep.
    Definatley going to remember that, and yeah, my hate and aggression could use some work.
    Thanks for the advice.

4. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

You are going to have to examine the reason for whay you feel th way you do. Not an easy task as the mind can be deceptive about reasoning.

If you think of reason for feeling a given way, but immediately dismiss it, re-examine it in detail to make sure it truely isn't the cause.

Once you have in idea of what is causing the problem, the type of thoughts etc, you need to examine if they are rational and reasonable. If they are, address the root causes, if they are not, you need to catch yourself when the thoughts surface so you can attempt to modify your thought patterns.

5. Low

Low New Member

Again, thanks for this advice. I'm really going to examine my life. It's getting worse and worse. I'll have to do something about it.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Go spend some time observing people less fortunate than you. That will make you realize how good you have it.

If you are so inclined, volunteer to help those people. If you have a soul, that will make you feel better.

Sometimes you have to step back and reevaluate.

7. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I'm in the exact same situation! From the great girlfriend to playing the drum in a band...I also get freakin pissed off about the tiniest things. I have no idea why this is, and sometimes I have to avoid my friends to cool off for a bit, and they don't know what I'm playing at.

What works for me is just to chill out for a while on my own...ditch everyone else, buy something cold to drink, and listen to some music. The downside to this is that my friends get annoyed about me running off, and I don't know what to say.

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Change your mindset and instead of focusing on problems, focus on solutions. Remember that no ones perfect not even you, so people can be annoying at times, make mistakes even though they have good intentions, most of the time. You have to chose to be happy in order to be happy !

9. jonathan

jonathan New Member

QFT. The energy that you put out is the energy that you will receive. You need to love yourself before you can love other people.