extreme muscle fatigue during workout

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by nique, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nique

nique te amo como se aman ciertas cosas oscuras, secret

is there anything i can do about this other than icing my body?

i usually do cardio for about an hour (running/walking intervals), and then move into different exercising depending. i do a lot of squats/lunges/leg extension type stuff, various stuff for my arms/chest, abs, back, everything. i work every muscle group in one night, which i know is probably a no no, considering muscles need a chance to rest, but i rest on the weekends.. i also have been adding resistance to my training in order to increase my muscle definition and what not, but i'm finding after 1-2 sets, my arms, legs, or whatever i am working feels like jello, and shakes uncontrollably, and then just immediately gets tired. tonight, on the way home, i felt like i couldn't even hold my arms on the steering wheel, or walk inside the house.

what do you all think?

2. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

So you're doing cardio AND lifting every muscle group 5 nights a week?

You may want to try carbing up before the gym. I'm just spouting crap off that I've heard on here, but it almost sounds like you're either 1. hitting a fatigue wall or 2. you're nervous system isn't able to keep up.

I'm guessing you're just trying to do too much on too little. Try splitting it up into cardio and one body part a day.

3. nique

yea, just about. i had to stop exercising for a while after some minor surgery and then getting mono :( so, i'm back at in the gym and just wanting to get back to where i was before, so i decided to hit the gym hard.

the only reason i don't eat carbs before i go to the gym is because i don't want to be burning those carbs during my workouts. i want to burn off what i have stored up.

4. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Eat more carbs!! Also If you are going to work out each musce group every work out I would get on a circuit training program or something.

5. nique

thats what i'm doing

6. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Thats why you're feeling burnt out. You HAVE to have some carbs to work out on or you're going to hit that wall fast hard and early in the workout.

7. lif

lif New Member

Try cutting down the cardio you do before hand, I dont think you're eating enough food to be doing that much volume, (volume being how many total reps you do per workout). You're burning probably about 1200 calories after doing that much cardio then all that weight lifting.

Doing cardio before hand also burns your energy resources significantlly, try doing weights first then cardio, you'll find your not so fatigued when doing weights.

So either eat more, or try not doing a total body workout. You really shouldn't be in the gym (doing weights that is) for longer than an hour - an hour and a half. By that time you've used up all your energy resources.

8. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

how long have you been working out? Maybe your nervous system isn't used to the weights yet. Also do you do cardio before or after lifting?

9. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Maybe you could alternate doing days of lifting and days of cardio.

10. nique

i do that much cardio to get rid of the bit of fat i put on during my 'rest'. before that, i was working out 5-6 times a week doing about the same thing. i didn't do quite as much cardio because i was a lot smaller then. i was consuming about 1000 calories a day, walking/running about 7 miles a day.

what sort of carbs should i be looking to consume?

i have restricted my caloric intake to about 1200 calories. i am vegan, and i eat a ton of raw food, so a lot of it is just fillers (broccoli, carrots, etc)

i suppose i should alternate and perhaps just work one or two muscle groups a night?

thank you for the suggestions.

11. lif

lif New Member

There is no possible way you will be able to do that much cardio and that many weights on 1200 calories of food. Your body simply won't do it. If you want to gain muscle, you can't be afraid to gain a little fat, im seriously saying you should probably be ating 2000-2500 calories of food a day, 25-30% of that coming from protein.

12. post pics so we can further our suggestions.

13. nique

i am not posting pictures yet. i am completely uncomfortable where i am right now. the closest you'll get is my av.

14. nique

:sad2:

the worst thing in the world to me would for me to be bulky and fat and that is what i am scared of :wtc:

15. lif

lif New Member

Trust me, you're not going to get bulky and fat when you're execising that much. Keep your sets high and your reps low if you want to simply get stronger without increasing muscle size (that much). Girls don't tend to get "bulky" unless their on roids, or are specifically trying to get bigger and eat as much as a man would.

16. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

maybe doing them at seperate times of the day will help you out, weights in the early afternoon, cardio at night

17. wow insecure much?

18. nique

yep.

19. well get over it. you are in a nutrition forum.

20. nique

being an asshole isn't going to produce pictures any faster. :o

21. listen, ive seen who you are before in the main forum. honestly i dont give a fuck who you are. you are not the center or attention around her so don't flatter yourself by not showing pics. i could give a shit whether or not you post them but if you want more thoroughly assessed critiques i'd suggest posting what you are having trouble on.

oh and post your diet too.

22. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

nique <3's mike

23. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

increase your water intake and then think about some supplementation since you are a vegan. You will probably need some amino acids, and at least a multi. 1200 calories isn't ridiculously low for someone your size, but you do need some carbs pre workout if you plan on doing that style of training.

As far as the shakiness and fatigue, most likely it is just a combination of diet insufficiency and poor training planning. Most people would turn to jello if we tried to do cardio for an hour at a reasonable pace and then went straight into a circuit training regime. It is something you should really think about changing if you are able.

24. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

yeah that's like the UD2 type workouts...miserable shit

25. Icuradik

Icuradik Guest

This is fucking wack... 1200 calroies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.