SRS extreme lameness surrounding NYE

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ChillerTwist, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ChillerTwist

ChillerTwist New Member

So on top of having to work on new years day, which initially killed any thought of being able to do a proper celebration on new years eve..... my best friend got in a fight with one of the girls that's hosting the party, and now doesn't want to go anymore. Apparently a lot of things were said, they talked a few days later and kinda settled things, but he still doesn't want to go and it has put me in SUCH a tough position. I really like these girls, and we had a good time last year and I want to go... but at the same time I can't desert my best friend.

Am I wrong for getting upset over it? When I brought it up with him asking if he'd consider changing his mind, he said no and that he would not make other plans, rather spend it at home and go to bed early. NYE is my fave time of year and I always like to do something to mark the occasion. Is he just trying to draw attention to himself and make me (and others) feel sorry for him? Of course I don't want to let my best friend spend new years alone.... "bros before hos" rule and all, etc..... but this has just got me completely torn. I'm going to go out for dinner with them early in the evening and then go to his place instead of theirs...... where we had planned hot tubbin, champagne, cigars, all the good stuff i've been looking forward to so much.

fawk!!!!!!!! :rant:

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Uhh.. he's CHOOSING not to go. Let him know that you don't want to miss out on a party, and if he still chooses to be stubborn go anyway. If he's a good friend, he'll get over it. I would :dunno: Life's too short to get hung up on trivial matters.

3. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) Sprint MP6900SP)

That sucks. I hate drama that doesn't involve you directly.

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

its what you make it man

5. ChillerTwist

ChillerTwist New Member

yah.......

i'm starting to think this is one of those things in life where you're supposed to take things into your own hands and do what you wanna do.... be a little selfish. no one should be keeping me from being happy :)

thx for the responses

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Just go out and have fun. It's not your problem that your friend is acting like that. Being best friends with someone doesn't mean that you have to do everything together. It's not being selfish at all, why should you sit home and be bored because he decided he wants to stay home and go to bed early?