External Hard Drive problems. (drivers?)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by itsover954, Jan 16, 2007.

1. itsover954

itsover954 New Member

I recently purchased an external hard drive enclosure and then purchased a drive to fit in it. This is the drive I purchased:

https://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=THD-400A2 BM

enclosure:

https://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=ULT31310

My problem is that my XP medai center pc is not recognizing this drive as plug and play and I can not find any drivers for it. What am I supposed to do now? When I first pluged it in I got a message saying there was a problem with the installation of my device. I tried to automaticlly update the drivers and it could not find any. Any help is appreciated. I have no clue.

2. Twinturbos101

Twinturbos101 OT Supporter

sounds like you may have to go into control panel --> computer management --> disk management and enable the drive there

3. itsover954

itsover954 New Member

Its enabled, but it does have one of those yellow explanation mark next to USB Mass storage device (in device manager).

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

what does properites say the problem is when you check the ! ?

5. itsover954

itsover954 New Member

I am formatting the drive now per seagate website instructions. Thank you for the help hopefully this will work. I am not sure if I should have checked the enable file/folder compression box, but I did anyway.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007