external drive dyeing one me

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ben.str, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ben.str

ben.str New Member

about a year ago i bought a 500gb external fantom drive to store all my video projects. every thing was fine until today i went to upload my film from the drive and it was not recognized. i went to another computer and it was recognized right away. later on today i went back to the lab to create data disks of all my work and it isnt recognizing it on any computer i try it on now. i am only using this external with the mac's in the lab and my macbook.

when i turn on the drive it starts up normal but then the blue light turns to a red one and it flickers between the rend and blue lights very rapidly then it goes to a solid blue like and a disk insertion error appears. does any one have any ideas on how to at least get to my work so i can make data disks of what i have done.

i was never rough with it and i always had it pugged into the comp before turning it on and ejected it before turning it off. i am graduating this year and i need my videos for my senior show. i really dont want to go through all my mini dv tapes to get at my videos.

any one have any ideas?

2. ben.str

ben.str New Member

the only thing that has changed was that last year i was using the external with mac osx and now the lab has up graded to leopard and my macbook is still using osx. i dont see why this would cause problems, could it?