Ex's friends, off limits?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Insert Tokens, May 7, 2007.

1. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

Known this girl and her 2 friends for about 6 years. We weren't super-close just go clubbing here and there, meet up as a group for drinks, chat via email/msn occasionally, etc etc. Me and this first girl were in relationships, and the other 2 were always "her friends" who I chatted to etc, didn't see them apart from when they were with her. I broke up with my partner, a few months later get a random email from the girl (hadn't spoken to her in about a year at this point?).. she's single too.. we meet up for drinks, end up hooking up. Spent about 3 months "together".. seeing each other, blah di blah. Things start getting serious. She freaks out. Doesn't want a relationship. We decide to just break it off and save the friendship.

It's not 2 or so months on. Friendship is still good.. so we did something right at least.

While we were together, she stopped being friends with the other 2 girls. Completely. One of those girl-things I don't get :p From best-friends to hate-each-other type deals, over nothing really.

Thing is i've known these other 2 girls just as long as this girl, and I still talk to all of them equally. Now oppurtunity is arising to "hang out" with these 2 girls, with a mate of mine, at the girls' request.. in circumstances that are very obviously heading towards more than just "hanging out".. (lots of "so is there room in your bed for me to crash?" type jokes etc)

Wtf do I do OT? I'm no casanova or woman-expert.. just a guy who wings it the best way he can and hopes for the best in situations :p

I'm more curious as to whether it's ok just to hang with these chicks, i'm not particularly fussed about hooking up with anyone right now.. at the same time i'm not saying no if it jumps up.

Cliffs: Met 3 girls. Knew them for ages. Hooked up with 1. It didn't work out. That one doesn't hang with the other 2 now. Other 2 wanna do shit with me. Do I?

2. Insert Tokens

Well yer, I would, but that's where I get a bit stuck when thinking about this myself.. because she's no longer friends with them.

Eg, if she went after someone I -used- to be friends with, I wouldn't give a shit.

So.. I dunno :hs:

3. I say go for it, it's your life, but be aware, the Ex if she has any domain left over her friends, will still make every attempt to cockblock you. Just giving you a heads up.

Hell I've done this before, too, I left a perfectly good girl for her best friend, I ended up leaving that girl for being to clingy.

Remember it is your life, do what YOU want.

Beast

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Go for it. It's only the girls that are (possibly) going to fight with one another.

5. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Or..., it could be that the other girls got word of your sexual prowess from your ex and are, now that their friendship is over with the ex, want to sample the goods...or..., the other girls are looking for a little retribution for being dropped as the ex's friends so the figure that they'll get points out of the friendship split by tapping their ex-friend's stash...or..., it could be that the ex set this all up to see what sort of a "dog" you were and if you would tap something that you know she (the ex) would be opposed to...or..., it could be that the ex is having second thoughts about moving the relationship to the next level and has set this all up as a test "?!?!?!?"

In short, girls are very, very complicated and only someone who knows them personally/has ground zero knowledge of their particular thought processes would be able to decypher just which avenue of opportunity you should, or should not, pursue..., go on what you know and I hope that you choose wisely.

6. Who cares if the ex set it up, everyone is fair game.

7. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Spoken like a true beast..., luckily for the OP, you're not him and will have to live with the consequences of the choice that he makes. :dunno:

8. I am the Beast, what do you expect?

If he is that worried there are 3 billion other women out there, I think he can manage to find one out of those 3 billion that will like him.

9. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i dont see that you have much to lose. worst that happens is that the ex gets more pissed at you? :dunno:

10. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Exactly!

-0- points for comprehending the situation, i.e., if he (the OP) didn't in some way care, he wouldn't have bothered posting up here looking for advice....

Like the attributes of a "beast", you've (perhaps) the brawn, but you lack the brain.

11. No, you didn't comprehend what I said, if he is worried about it, there are other women out there. As we clearly see he isn't worried about it, he has come here looking for advice and I gave him my take on it as did you.

I'd like to test you on that theory, PM sent.

12. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: Way to over analyze. Holy shit.

I've hooked up with the roommates of ex's on more then one occasion. There has never been a 'test', it is basically the same thing as guys do to girls. They wait for their chance, and once you are single they pounce, or at least make it known that you can pounce on them :naughty:

If it is anything from what you just said it is "is over with the ex, want to sample the goods".

13. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:dunno: over-analysing sure, but this 'test shit' does happen with chicks

14. minkus962

minkus962 New Member

Based on the cliffs, go for it.

15. Insert Tokens

Thing is she IS a complex girl who could very well be doing any of the above :hs: Thanks for the advice though.. I think I know which one it is..

16. Insert Tokens

Yer. Question is where do you draw the line of refraining from doing things based on the moods/opinions of a person who gave up their right to have a part in your life as anything other than a friend. I guess it's more a question of how much is the friendship worth.

17. If your ex is a great friend, I would do it, it is your life, no one is off limits, but based on your post she's not that important of a friend, so I say go for it. Stop asking and start acting.

18. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

What consequences? If any of them start shit, tell them to STFU, break off contact and find some other women to fuck. Does anyone see a problem here? You should never ever take a woman seriously.

19. Finally someone with some degree of intelligence. Looks like we found another socially ept person.

20. -argonaut-

-argonaut- New Member

Reality isn't over analyzing and the reality of this, or any similar situation, is that girls are infinitely intricate and complicated creatures that barely even understand themselves/what they do theirselves.

As such, if you've anything "real" invested in any form of a relationship with them that you'd like to hang onto, it's always best to tread lightly and cautiously because it's always better to have it than it is to not..., and that's just common sense.

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: I don't tread lightly or cautiously around anyone. This is MY world/reality, and if someone (girls) has any problems with something I do in MY life, then they are welcome to exit stage right.

So yes it is over analyzing, if they are setting traps and such for you why the fuck would you want them in your life? Why do you need anyone in your life that feels they want to play games with you?

22. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

:x:

23. Insert Tokens

Fuckin aye. :hs:

S'all good gunna just go for it, see what happens, but keep all the above shit in mind.

Thanks OT. :wavey: