Expose isn't working

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CDQ109, Jul 26, 2006.

1. CDQ109

CDQ109 OT Supporter

When I hit either F9 or F10 a grey box comes up at the bottom of my screen with a tiger print and a circle with a line through it. F11 works tho.

2. skelm

skelm New Member

Can you screenshot this and paste it in here please?

3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Do you play World of Warcraft? I hear it's messing up some peoples Expose settings.

4. CDQ109

CDQ109 OT Supporter

I don't play WoW. Never have. How do I take a screenshot? (first ever mac..I'm a complete noob)

5. skelm

skelm New Member

just use apple + shift + 4

Then click and drag around it, the file with the screenshot will then be dumped to the desktop (cool hey)

6. CDQ109

CDQ109 OT Supporter

lol....omg...I feel really dumb. Ok I figured it out. Because I'm using a laptop I don't have a full size keyboard and the F9 and F10 button are also the buttons to change the brightness of the screen. The thing I thought was supposed to be a clever looking tiger paw was actually a clever looking sun.

So now I just hit Function and then I press F9 or F10 to use it. Which is fine. But can I change this? Can I use Function F9 and F10 for brightness and regular F9 and F10 for Expose?

Oh....and that is a really cool way of taking a screenshot. A lil complicated and I could easily forget it if I don't use it very often tho. But definitely better than the PC way of taking a screenshot.

7. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

if you want to take a complete screen shot then just hit apple+shift+3 and you dont have to worry abotu selecting anything.

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

And command + ctrl + shift + 3/4 will screen shot directly to the clipboard ;)

F8 & F9 & F10 are the keyboard backlight brightness, thats what the logo illustrates. You can also set the Fn key to be reversed, so pressing an F key will act as it should, pressing Fn + F key will do the special feature. I think this is in keyboard prefs.