FRK explination for fetishes?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Capicu, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Capicu

Capicu New Member

im sure this has been posted before and if i had the power to search, i would have done so, but i can't search lol

does anybody know the real reasons as to why we have fetishes?
    or certain bizzare fantasies?

im a noob @ life so i don't know anything and shit, instead of acting like i know everything, i might as well admit i know nothing and just ask

so, i mean shit like um... a fetish for certain clothing (ex: lingere, panties, watever), body parts (feet? etc.) actions (bondage, etc... even shitting and watever)

i assume theres that 1 explination that some people give for everything:
    "it's caused by some experience during childhood"

but there has to be a deeper answer, or something tottaly different...
    anybody?

2. Shadoxity

Shadoxity New Member

its because everyone is different, and it is just their perception of that item/thing that turns them on, or they find it attractive...

3. Capicu

Capicu New Member

but what im asking is WHY

why does it turn us on?

4. Isamu

Isamu New Member

one could reason that it is the evil inside us or, chemical imbalances, but i think it has more to do with what was said above, perceptions.. what is attractive and what is not..

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I sort of agree. Many things that I am into remind me of my childhood when I was first exposed to them.

6. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

I'd say that most fetishes start at childhood.

7. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

I disagree somewhat about the childhood thing...

I had a great childhood, I wasn't abused or anything in anyway... and I'm a freak.

I've studied psychology a whole bunch... and from my own theories, it could also be caused just by what releases more dopamine into your system. Just like some women can't get off without clitoral stimulation... some people can't get off without getting the shit beaten out of them by a woman in a leather getup.

Granted, I have seen a lot of childhood based cases... not all bad, as in they were abused, but perhaps maybe its just that they grew up sheltered and when they got a chance to break out, they did in a big way. Or perhaps they were yelled at a lot when they were little... this could cause them to want to be yelled at and dominated... or it could cause the opposite reaction... wanting to take control of someone else.

And as far as certain clothing goes... some people just love the way something looks, or smells, or feels... and then the love for it just grows and grows.

Just my thoughts :hs:

8. SuperoDeus

SuperoDeus OT Supporter

I think society has a role to play too, social taboos and the like turn people on. As to why we get turned on, my best guess is that when our brian accosiates something with sex or pleasure it realeses all those fun chemicals, I asume most fetishes start in childhood like everyone says,when your a kid and you see something naughty, even though you don't know what it is, your brain and instincts know that it's related to sex and procreation, so it lables it as something good, and a fetish is born.

9. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

one could argue that it's simply a more specific attraction. ibwtfdoimean

i'm straight, and as such, i don't find men attractive. i'm an ass guy, and as such, tits just don't do it for me. assuming i had a homosexual-one-legged-midget-geriatric-bondage fetish non homosexual-one legged-midget-geriatric-bondage stuff just wouldn't do it for me.

as to when/how it develops. :dunno: one could argue childhood, but at the same time, i've found specific attractions now as an adult that i didn't have as a teenager. i was aware of it then, but didn't find it "hot" until "adulthood" (if a 21yo counts as an adult) some people know that they're gay when they reach puberty, some people don't figure out till mid-life. can you really argue that the "wiring" for it happened in childhood?

10. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

AV = megatokyo?

11. SuperoDeus

SuperoDeus OT Supporter

yup :)

12. Capicu

Capicu New Member

ok well about the idea of getting yelled at alot and that later developing into a fetish....

i got yelled at way too much in my childhood years by ALL my teachers, and as a result, i get really REALLY pissed off when somebody yells at me, for any reason, and it takes my all to control my ass and not flip out lol

that is def. not a fetish lol

im trying to find a fetish, somebody i know believes 100% sure that EVERYBODY has a fetish, and i just cant seem to pinpoint anything

13. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

Pity you're not a boob man. such a lovely pair you have access to.

14. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I have a thing for cars. Nothing like the rumble of a powerful car or the sound of tires screeching around a track to get me wet. I also get ridiculously high on adrenaline whenever I'm running an autocross or anything.

The only thing I can attribute it to is in 9th grade when I had this enormous crush on a guy who liked cars(i had no interest in them before I met him)

15. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I agree. Altough I dont think its because of your childhood that you have fetishes, but rather thast when you develop them.

I remember acting out fetishes as young as 11yrs old. And ever since I can remember I was atracted to feet. Oddly enough it wasant until 17yrs of age I realized there was a following for it and it actually had a name and a culture of sorts behind it. For many, many yrs I just tought I was a weirdo and no one else liked what I liked. And I dont remember ever, ever being abused sexually or being beaten. Diciplined yes, but not beaten.

16. xela

xela So say we all!

17. lauren

lauren Active Member

god i love feet

18. FairyTat

FairyTat Anticipation, the taste of things to cum

I'm not sure childhood is correct. I would say that the things that happen to us during the years our bodies and minds are developing have a direct impact on what triggers responses in each of us. Childhood, adolescence and early adulthood are all times in our lives that certain parts of ourselves can be called a blank page.

Personally I don't think abuse or improper behaviors by the adults in our lives are the only things that imprint us. I have found in myself things that trigger a sexual response that others might find strange or offbeat are things that date back to events in my life that, whether they were sexual in nature or not, caused something in me to be aroused.

A direct example would be the smell of Noxzema. One of the first times I can remember being really sexually aroused happened at camp when I was about 10. Another girl was rubbing Noxzema on my sunburned shoulders and I became very excited and tingly "down there". Nothing came of it and I did not know how to act on what I felt nor did she (if she was even aware of it). I do remember rubbing my pillow between my legs after lights out while I thought about her. A very innocent event and not very freaky but to this day the smell of Noxzema will bring back that memory and sometimes the feeling.

19. lauren

lauren Active Member

if you say you devolp fetishes in childhood....is it possible to have a fetish as an adult and be unaware of it?

20. FifthGear

FifthGear -

i know in the last few months while hanging out with you guys i have developed a bondage fetish :bigthumb:

21. FairyTat

FairyTat Anticipation, the taste of things to cum

My opinion? Absolutely. :bigthumb:

What fun would it be if you never discovered any new kinks? I also think you can develop new fetishes no matter what your age.

22. Dominus

Dominus New Member

From what I recall fetishes stem from intimacy issues. A person may have them and not really even realize it. They have problems relating or being close to a real person so they supplant the affection they have for a person onto an object and as this is usually easier they grow to be obsessed with the object of their fetish. Or something like that. It's been a long time since I studied it.