Explain this to me

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2angelmd, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

When you eat and then barf four or five hours later there is often food still in your stomach. Sometimes the food doesn't look like it's been digested much.

If you eat an hour before your workout why do you need to "re-fuel"-eat immediately after a workout if there is still food in your stomach being broken down and absorbed?

I know that certain intense exercises slow or stop digestion, but doesn't it begin again?

Does it have something to do with the hormones that are triggered by eating?

As far as mechanical supply of nutrients you should have fuel already going to your liver and muscles from the food you ate before a workout. So I'm having a hard time buying the argument that you have to refuel your muscles immediately after a workout to aid in recovery time.

I'm confused as to why there's so much literature on eating immediately after a workout. Is glucose broken down fastest and therefore not present in what remains in your stomach hours later?

And no one I see with big arms or who is broly has a flat stomach, but that's a whole different thread.

2. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

It reads like I'm hating or uninformed but I'm just curious what you guys think.

3. Ep

Ep Guest

:wtf:

Im guessing because the food you eat after the workout will be digested faster and therefore make a bigger impact on the body.

4. keeler

keeler New Member

this is why liquid meals make a good postworkout.

5. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

because you want to be sure that your body has the nutrition required to immediately rebuild what was broken down during your workout. yes there may still be undigested food in your stomach from you pre-workout, but certain forms of foods are broken down and absorbed faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.