GUN ***Explain licensing to me***

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by YoungMontana, May 25, 2005.

1. YoungMontana

YoungMontana New Member

i know it varies depending on state so i mainly need info for MA-

do i need to get a gun license to go to the range? I know it is all but impossible to get a carry license but from what i understand the target one is automatic if you pass the criteria.

I saw the fees were like $450 so im not gonna get the L just yet but still want to visit the range...just turned 21 yesterday!

thanks for any and all help

2. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I'm from MA, and I have to say that it helps to be friendly with the police cheif, since the rule for CCL is "may issue," as opposed to "shall issue," meaning that the police cheif can choose to give you the permit if they want. Though, if you are denied, and you feel that you being denied was unreasonable and unjust, you could take it to court. I believe it happened in Westminster not too long ago.

But no, to the best of my knowledge, you are not required to have a license just to go to the range.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

another reason I am thankful to be in TX

4. YoungMontana

YoungMontana New Member

so is that for the "carry" or the target? i know they wont give me a carry :x: but i thought the target was just based on your record.

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

By "target", I assume you're talking about the Class B, which allows you to have high capacity rifles and low capacity pistols, and no concealed carry.

I was talking about the Class A concealed carry. CCL = Concealed Carry License.