TAT Experiences with bad customer service?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by eelliiss, Mar 4, 2008.

1. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Has someone here ever had a downright bad experience customer service-wise with a shop?

I'm in the middle of something right now that I can't decide whether or not I should truly be angry about.

Let's hear your stories. You can omit names and whatnot.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Share yours first and we'll tell you if you should calm down or if its justified. I'll be honest and be the first to say that as a countergirl at a piercing studio, there are a lot of days where I can be fairly bitchy. Its a personality quirk that i try to maintain with professionalism..but sometimes people are just, well, fucking stupid.

3. owenstar

owenstar New Member

my drama story

I picked the artist based on his work and personality...I got lucky his true colors shined through...

I dropped a deposit..The shop couldnt break a 50 for the 20 dollar deposit...so I left it in good faith...the counter guy said to come back on saturday and check out what the arist has drawn up to be ready to go for your sunday appointment....

Saturday rolls around and homeboy didnt have shit drawn up...I let it slide figuring he said I was his only client on sunday so we would work it out the next day...

So 45 minutes before my appointment the shop calls saying my artist isnt gonna make it...WHACK

Well I got the GM from outta town all week staying with me and then I leave town...So I couldnt really reschedule for 3 weeks...

So I go back and ask for my deposit back explaining my problem...the guy behind the counter says that refunds arent refundable...I said, I didnt cancel my appointment, the artist did, why should he get to hold my jagerbomb money for 3 weeks...and that I planned on returning when I got back in town...So the kid calls the artist telling him my situation and the fuckin douche bag gets all lippy with the poor counter boy...He said there aint shit he can do with the artist being an asshole, but that the owner will call me

So the owner calls and I explain to him the whole damn thing all over again...and I tell him he has 3 choices

1. Gimmie my money back

2. Credit my boy and finish his piece, and I will grab the cash from him (which was an option I gave to counter boy)

3. Steal my money, as the artist did shit to earn it...and leave me with choices on how I was gonna get it back

They gave me my money back...the owner of the shop is a cool fucking dude, but that artist is a fuckin idiot...

So I got lucky...dont know if it helps

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

My situation is like this:

I contacted a fairly decorated artist about scheduling some work with him at a convention that was only a cheap flight away from me. He responded shortly thereafter saying that he'd make time for me. I then proceeded to book a flight and ask off time from work. I regularly messaged him on Myspace asking him to call me for a consultation so we could volley some ideas back and forth. As I'm sure most of you are aware, you can tell when your messages are read on Myspace. My messages were read, yet there was no reply. The messages slowly started to show more signs of concern as they progressed so I decided to call the shop. The assistant to the owner answered the phone, said that my artist would be in the shop the very next day and told me she'd have him call me. I waited a few days and there was still no reply. This is at the two week mark. So at that particular point in time, I was holding onto nonrefundable tickets to a convention less than two weeks away with no concrete plans for an artist that could seem to care less.

I finally just messaged the artist a professional letter trying to avoid as many loaded words of anger and disappointment that basically conveyed this message: Why has there been a complete lack of contact between the two of us? Can you appreciate my concern? Do you have ideas fleshed out? Is this appointment possible? You are a professional and should handle your business accordingly.

I've talked to several of my friends, both within the industry and outside, and they're divided. Some say that it's just the nature of the beast with a highly sought after artist. They say he's probably extremely busy and will get to me at his earliest convenience. Others tell me that they wouldn't let an artist like that touch me -- especially if the piece called for multiple sessions because I'd be inviting similar situations to occur mulitple times.

Am I being overly critical? Are my concerns warranted?

Many of my friends who are just now modding their bodies almost ALWAYS approach me about the customer service -- about how the shop owners or receptionists always seem rude and I can see where they're coming from. But seriously, think about it: This is arguably the most intimate and permanent services you can provide someone. Why not accomodate them as much as possible? I just don't understand alot of artists and their smug, higher than thou attitudes.

5. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

ill drop names :o

funtazia in east meadow....the shop owner decided he was gonna learn to do piercings that day. needless to say i had two needles through my toungue that day :o

6. owenstar

owenstar New Member

To the OP

That's a shitty situation....

to be honest, that sounds like typical shit in any area of customer service...welcome to todays america

I can see both sides of the coin with someone who is super busy....but for my own standards, I demand a certain amount of respect and accept nothing less...

Try and find a quality artist who is just as excited about your project as you...as you said its a pretty intimate thing...trust your gut