Experienced Ebay Car Buyer?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by labyrinth, Sep 28, 2003.

1. labyrinth

labyrinth Guest

Has anyone bought a car from ebay? Would you recommend to buy a car from there?

I've been thinking about bidding on a car at ebay, my gut been telling me yes and no. So, help me out here! Thnx

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I wouldn't. I'd never buy a used vehicle or agree on a price before without inspecting and test driving it.

3. Jobe

Jobe keke ^_^

It is risky, yes. I bought my 2nd vehicle on eBay and have been very satisfied. The vehicle came as described and I couldn't be much happier. On the other hand, my friend bought his off eBay and basically got screwed. The car was not as described properly and was in pretty bad shape. It's the luck of the draw really, but I can suggest that if you decide to make a vehicle purchase through ebay you only buy from an online DEALER, not an individual. Also, the more pics of they post of the car the better. If only a few, small, grainy pics are posted it is possible that they are trying to hide something. Request high-res pictures of every part of the car and ask as many questions as possible. If they brush you off, then look elsewhere.

4. bing

bing Guest

what are you lookin at getting?

5. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Guest

i bought my supra without looking at it. it was in AZ and i purchased it. no problems so far

6. Mr Bridge

Mr Bridge New Member

Before I buy I car I persoanlly prefer to actually see it and drive it in person. But yeah if you really want to get a car from ebay make sure its from a dealer. Check their feedback and make sure they have good positive feedbaack from their customers