WEB Experience with Godaddy hosting?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MaK10, Aug 7, 2007.

1. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

Ok, so I've been considering getting a dedicated server from theplanet.com (which is actually where my friend has his server and a few of my sites are already hosted) and its $129/mo for 80gb, 750gb/transfer etc... but now looking at GoDaddy they have 100 gb, 1000gb/transfer, etc for 6.29/mo, unlimited websites...

the sites going up would just be blogs for adsense sake, and maybe a forum (which I may just keep on my friends dedicated) but would it make any sense to get a dedicated as opposed to this GoDaddy account when all i'm putting up is a bunch of blogs?

2. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

wait, it just turns out that apparently dreamhost allows unlimited domains, which I didn't know, and one of my sites is already hosted there.. so maybe ill just use that for this other crap..

3. optendo

optendo The next generation of console gaming!

yah stick with dreamhost. I have a friend who used godaddy for awhile and it was crap.

4. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

yeah, had i known dreamhost had unlimited hosting I wouldn't have even made this thread, sorry.

5. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I have a VPS with godaddy for like $20/month.. it's decent, never any real issues with it except for the lack of resources.

But @ $20/month.. you get what you pay for.

6. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I pay $26/month with Verio for Windows, shared. But i get better speeds than most dedicated. Easily the best hosting i've encounted. I've used them since around 96 or so.

7. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

serverpronto.com for a dedicated.
    tektonic.net for a vps

8. adi

adi oh brahhh

hivelocity.com for dedicated

9. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

You get what you pay for with GoDaddy. I've had to deal with clients who uses them for hosting and they're terrible.

10. BlueFlag

BlueFlag Guest

I've herd nothing but bad news about GoDaddy hosting, I would move away from them if I was you.

www.webhostingtalk.com biggest hosting forum online, it's make a brea kon there for hosters these days. Take a search for GoDady hosting, you'l lsee how many problems people are having with them.