Exhaust

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by LuMpY, Jan 15, 2004.

1. LuMpY

LuMpY New Member

Why do people put "can style, stright through" "import" mulfflers on their slow, naturally aspirated, non-sporty, no potential having, sometimes four door cars??? I just don't get it. The onlt thing I can think of is that they love the LOOKS. But when they get the looks they seem to think they get faster as well.

Just the other day I say a newer GTP with an F-1 wing and can mufflers on it. :rofl: At least it was supercharged. A kid with a body kit on a newer Corolla? :greddy: And oh so many Civics it makes me sick :rant2:

I'm still not big on huge tips but they make things proportional. I like to laugh when a honduh has a can muffler with a 4" tip and a 1.75" tailpipe. :rofl:

Now if it's on the business end of a nice motor.. :bowdown: It can look very sexy(MK4 Supras, Skylines, some Eclipse).(note: I don't think my car is sexy..yet) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have a 4" tip on my muffler but then again the rest of the stainless Tanabe Hyper Medallion has 3" tubing, as does the rest of my catless exhaust. All the way from the turbo. Looks are good but power is more fun :bigthumb:

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

People buy these things to make their car more unique to them. Even if you think its loud, annoying, and ugly, (I would agree) it still sets there car out as unique to them.

Now on the supra - Nice clean exhaust. My buddy had a white turbo targa also. Very quick cars and fun to be in.

3. Scout

Scout OT Supporter

The mis-informed or just plain ricers tend to take this equation into account:

HP/KW = Size of tip...........

4. dimo

dimo New Member

I've got a a 4 1/2 tip...........:wavey:

5. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

just remember, honduhs are wimpy cars, so a mod of any kind looks overdone... as for a nissan, a sr20det with all the upgrades deserves a nice fat 3" turbo tip