Exertional Headaches?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Yojimbo, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo OT Supporter

I was benching a couple days ago and I got a horrible headache. I still have a lingering pain in the area 2 days later. Does anyone get these? Do they usually take this long to go away completely? It sucks because I didnt even feel like finishing my lifting. Ive heard it can be caused by impropor breathing during lifting. Anyone know about this?

2. kidbv2

kidbv2 New Member

Had the exact same thing once while deadlifting. Stayed around for about 3 days. It felt really localized, on the top right side of my head. Feels okay now though. I heard it has something to do with the valsalva maneuver?

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo OT Supporter

Thats where my headache was too. Its subsided since it first happened but ive still got a slight ache when I stand up quickly n shit. It could definately have been the valsalva maneuver cause I was straining to finish the set so I may have done that. Im gonna watch that the next few times I lift.

4. shawn4element

shawn4element OT Supporter

There have been like 4 threads on this in the last two weeks.

5. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

Mine started like 2 weeks ago and it's preatty much gone but when i hold my breath for that last rep i can feel that slight pain on the left side of my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.