MMA Exciting day for me today.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by misha, Nov 9, 2008.

1. misha

misha New Member

prob no so exciting for you'all but since im a noob...

So I went to the gym today. Did my regular routine of rope, shadow boxing, heavy bag. Then as I was on the double ended bad this guy pulls up on a harley with another guy in a car. They get in and start talking to our coach. So after i was done I asked to coach to do some mitt work. Coach says no, and then points to the harley guy and says wanna spar him? I said sure. Now I've only sparred once before, and this guy head about 4" height on me and a reach advantage. I was a bit nervous but decided I needed to do this. So we start the fight, and he's just working me. i try body jabs cuz it seemed to be the only open area, but he keeps getting me in the head. He landed a bunch of shots the first round. I maybe got 1 decent one. The second, round he rocked me HARD with a hook. Wobbled me for a second. after that I noticed he started to ease up on me so we finished the second round uneventfully. Coach told me to get down.

So i talked to his trainer while he was sparring someone else, and I come to find out he's had 8 professional fights already. So it turns out I've sparred a pro today. Im very glad he took it easy on me. Im also glad i took that shot to the head. I'm sure there are many more coming, but this was the first time I've been hit and now I have a good feel for what its like.

2. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Nice, my MT coach still considers me a huge noob (for good reason) so I've yet to get in there and spar. I'm dying to though.

And I just read your user text, that's awesome. First time my grandpa said that to me I nearly pissed myself laughing.

3. misha

misha New Member

haha. yea, one of the most random yet hilarious phrases ever. Where are you from?

4. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Born in Rostov on Don, lived in Moscow till I was like 7. Then Ohio lol.

5. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

Does it read, "in Soviet Russia road forks you?"

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Its such a confidence booster when a guy who is much better and bigger than you bashes you in the head but you're still standing there. WHen its all said and done I was always excited to find I was still in it and fighting back. I really hated getting headaches the next day after hard sparring though. Made me nervous. Can't wait to get my insurance back so I can go back to the gym.

7. misha

misha New Member

i didnt think of it that way, but that is exactly it.