Exchange vs. Lotus Notes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sirreal, Nov 4, 2005.

1. sirreal

sirreal Unblockable OT Supporter

I've been on a committee to determine which product is the best for email. Currently where I work, we use Exchange 2003. Never had a problem with it. Other places use Lotus Notes. From our testing, Exchange 2003 is way better. Then the group that claims Lotus is better is saying how Lotus has all these ubercool add-ons, but that is beside the point because the focus is to determine which is the best overall EMAIL system. That said, getting back to the add-ons, Lotus has some bulletin board add-on where people can sell all sorts of things on there. I realize its just a database, but it hooks right into Lotus and is clean from what I've seen. Does anyone know if Exchange has any cool add-ons like this I have missed?

2. ski

ski New Member

Is this for a company? What kind of company? (Without getting into details you arent allowed to).

If its strictly for email, then your employees shouldnt be worried about 'ubercool' addons or bulletin boards for selling things. They should be concerned with getting email when and where they need it, consistently.

3. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

Exchange > Notes

I can't believe companies still use that horrid mail system.

4. sirreal

sirreal Unblockable OT Supporter

I work for the State and really can't talk about a lot of stuff for obvious reasons.

My employees aren't worried about the uber cool addons, I am ;) I see a lot of ways we could use this sort of bulletin board to help our agency out, which is why I'm wondering if there is an Exchange plugin that would do the same.

I know, it's awful. When I tested it I laughed many many times. Exchange is so much more powerful than Notes.