Exchange 2003 Server Problem (Event ID 9671)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hax0rwax0r, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hax0rwax0r

hax0rwax0r New Member

Oct 17, 2006
    I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard 32-bit server running Service Pack 2 with Exchange Server 2003 Standard running Service Pack 2.

My event logs are always being filled by event ID 9671. The error messages always say this:

User <username> has exceeded the allowed maximum number of simultaneous registrations for MAPI notifications.

The configured maximum number of event notification registrations is 50.

Googling around a few months back I noticed everyone saying user "SYSTEM" was the one that showed up under <username> on their server. I don't ever notice "SYSTEM" erroring in my event logs as they are always actual usernames. Some of them MAY be "SYSTEM" but I have yet to see one.

I edited the registry entry that others mentioned in different forums, etc. to increase the number of event notification registrations from 8 (default) to 50. That's why the error says 50 now, because I increased it.

I guess now I'm at a point where there isn't any good information on this that I have found and I'm stuck as to how to stop this from happening.