SRS excessive sweating

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AzGuy79, Jan 28, 2007.

1. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

its only in my armpits, but its bad. like the cloth on my shirts gets pretty wet. its embarrassing. either because of the massive wet spot on my shirts or physical contact with people. like when a girl goes in for a hug, my arms HAVE to be under hers because my pits are just disgustingly wet. is there anything that can help this? anybody had the same type of problem?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It comes from India and they are called armpit tampons, you can stick them under your armpits, and are garenteed to be free of disgustingness for at least 24 hours.

Or you can shave your armpits, its less effective then the tampons but should reduce, what you have to make sure is that you know if you wear heavy clothing, its more likely to become really hot under the armpits, making you sweat more easily. So that combined with light clothing that enables to make your body breathe because of the ventilation should reduce it.

3. element4all

element4all Active Member

my one friend has this too where he is sweating alot. he is always wearing underarmour heat gear under his clothes. it seems to be working because i dont see the sweat spots anymore.

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Your best bet is to probably just wear an under shirt, that way it will soak up most of the sweat and not be noticable. I also have a problem with excessive sweating, either when it get's really hot, or if I'm in a situation that make me nervous.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

6. Iced

Iced New Member

Upward spray of right gaurd

7. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

I sometimes have an issue with excessive sweating. If it starts to happen I use this really strong deodarant that you put on before you go to bed. I can't remember the name for the life of me.. I think its something Dri.... works well tho..

8. 1bigstud

1bigstud New Member

I think you should go see a doctor. It could be anything from blood pressure issues to gland problems or nothing at all.

9. Dude Man

Dude Man New Member

I have a pretty big issue with sweating myself. My armpits a lot, but moreso my palms and my feet. The armpit sweats, though they have gotten a lot better recently, happen usually when I'm hot or nervous, but the hand and feet are sort of random, like sometimes they sweat a lot and other times they don't sweat at all.

Anyways, I've kind of just learned to live with it. I don't really get sweat spots anymore, and I make sure to wipe my hands agianst my pants quickly before I shake hands with someone or something like that.

10. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

Why hasn't the cure..Certain Dri...been mentioned yet? You can get it anywhere, and it works!

11. Swak

That is the name of the shit. I couldn't remember it.

12. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Is this something I can pick up at a Walgreens?

13. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

yes, follow the directions, and don't use too much or use it too often, or it will make your armpit get all itchy and develop a rash. in the beginning I would use it like every other night, now its more like once a week. I just use Mitchum roll-on in the mornings.

14. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

wait.. so people put on a specific deodorant before going to bed? i've never heard of this before.

and to the threadstarter- do you use deodorant or anti-perspirant? i use old spice red zone soft solid anti-perspirant, and i almost NEVER sweat with it on.

15. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

i use the antiperspirant/deodorant stuff. not any particular brand, just trying everything right now.

16. Swak

Its a strong chemical that somewhat supresses the pores. You make like 3 wipes under each arm and no more. Than just shower in the morning and put on normal deodarant like normal. It somehow works pretty well. You don't have to do it every night either. Just every few nights or how often you really need it..

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I've used Certain-Dri with mixed results. I've also tried it on my lower back because I sweat there a lot, too.

I've also used Dri-Sol (prescription) and it was just like Certain-Dri except a little stronger. There's this thing you can order online called Maxim that is supposed to be really good, too, but it's like $15 a stick.

18. 7960

7960 New Member

A $10 co-pay at the dermatologist would fix this for good.

19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I like Mitchum - it works very well for me.

20. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

I have the same problem with excessive sweat.. Drysol and Certain Dri work the best for me! :) just make sure to follow the directions otherwise you will be hurting..

21. Budha

Budha Guest

Yeah man Drysol is the way to go... I use it and only have to apply it once a week usually and i'm sweat free... but when I dont use it, its so gross. Like in theory I'd have to change shirts every few hours.... now if I was really calm and just sitting back I dont sweat, but I sweat over nothing.

22. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Coffee?