Exceldetail.com v.what the fuck

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jim Lahey, May 13, 2006.

1. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey OT Supporter

Since Scottwax recommended that we support a fellow OTer, I decided to order from the site. I placed my order May 6th, 2006.

The confirmation email says
    Even if it didn't ship within 24 hours and shipped on Monday, I would have been fine. But just TODAY I get an email tracking number saying the package was shipped on Friday May 12th :wtf:

And won't arrive until the 19th :ugh: This is cutting it way too close to the car meet I am wishing to attend on the 21st.

Fuck that site, it shouldn't take almost 2 weeks to get me a couple supples.

I won't be shopping there ever again. :sadwavey:

2. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey OT Supporter

And as if it made a difference, my he received my payment May 9th. :wtf: :rant2:

3. picus

picus New Member

Hmm - sorry to hear that. Normally Patrick is right on top of things, maybe just a fluke. I've been detailing awhile and between him and Ranny at Pakshak they're pretty much the two distributors I've always heard good things about. Hope you get your stuff in time, and maybe give them another chance down the road, I am sure he'll make it up to you.

4. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Thanks for the bashing! Im sorry your order was delayed. We were waiting on arrival of the Clay Magic kits which were ordered prior to your ordering. Arrival was expected the Monday/Tuesday after your ordering, which would have made shippment 24/48 business hours after your order was placed. Well ahead of most retail online purchase standards. Is this an excuse? No, just the truth.
    Imagine if we went to "Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive"!
    Your shipping charges have been refunded.
    On a sidenote, expect detailing clay prices to increase industry wide. The patent issues were once again back in court, as the "NEW" parent company saw it fit to deter others from duplicating 'clay' as we know it.
    Expect about a 20% increase as inventories run dry.
    The price you paid is 20% less then what that particular kit is selling for now. When my current inventory of other clays deplete. they will go up also, if they can be replaced.

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Way to contact Patrick at Excel first, ya fucking douche.

Next time maybe you will exercise a little profesionalism, and do some research before you run your ass off at the mouth.

Patrick is still one of the best in my book, and he will still continue to get my business.

I too have had a problem with an order...know what i did first and formost, CALLED PATRICK!
    And guess what, i got some free product in the process, and have continued to recemend him as a result.

Who knows, maybe instead of just being a dumb ass, and getting your shipping refunded, you might have gotten a few free towels, or a bottle of product thrown in for a show of good faith. But instead, you just look like a fool.

Congratulations.

Next time try acting like an adult.

6. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey OT Supporter

Wow, thanks. I guess I just needed an explaination. I was just shocked this morning when I saw it wouldn't arrive until 2 days before the car meet. :hs:

Scottwax, you can change the title to "Exceldetail.com v.a great site to order from" :embd:

7. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey OT Supporter

:wtc:

8. Lancer409

Lancer409 Member

Awww... sure a title change is in order, but isnt every OT member allowed one douche post? Jon was just a bit overly concerned with the well being of his car, and couldnt postulate any reasoning on his own (without an explanation)

While he should have went to patrick first, he was probly overcome with frustration and wanted to vent.

That being said, Patricks been pretty cool in my book. I am about to order, and he's given me tips since I have NO cleaning experience, and no cleaning products, he helped me choose out some products, and i'm just finalizing before I order mine.

This thread caught my attention though... glad it got all worked out. Now i'm wondering if i should tell all my friends to stock up on wax haha, but it seems the price hike has already initiated.

Anyways, now you know what to do the next time u feel frustrated! Talk to the source before you vent!

Damn guys, you made him use the crying smilie...

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Best thing to always do is contact the company first and allow them to make it right. Then, if they don't make any effort to take care of the issue you have with them, bash away.

I'll leave this as is so people can see that at times there may be a problem with any vendor but most will do their best to make the customer happy.

10. picus

picus New Member

Wax prices aren't going up, clay is. Clay is manufactured primarily by two companies, and as they continue to win lawsuits and force competition out of the market prices will continue to increase.

11. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

ANd i honestly feel that Patrick is one of the best in that reguard.

12. birdsg

birdsg New Member

wow nice customer service. so nice i placed an order tonight

13. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

Yea it's always best to contact the vendor before going and posting. it sucks that there was a backorder on the product you ordered but that is the reason for the delay.

i've made two purchases through exceldetail.com and will continue to order from them in the future. they have great prices and i have always recieved my order within a few days of ordering.

+1 for exceldetail.com

14. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Patrick is great... I've gotten stuff from him even though he doesn't know it :rofl: My wife and inlaws have ordered stuff for me through him :o I just referred a guy to him tonight to order some stuff :)

15. MDPE

MDPE New Member

Never had a problem with Patrick. Easy to do business with, and answers any question very quickly. Straight shooter..

16. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

:werd:

I've ordered from him only a few times but have sent more than a dozen friends and family to his site and they always been happy.