Examples of rack layouts?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GreyGooseVodka, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Just started out doing some work interning for a small company. I am moving all of their network equipment to a rack. I have done this before, but I am interested to see example layouts or standards that should be followed.

p.s. rack layouts != pr0n

2. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

I don't know about standards and what not. But our switches are seperated from the server racks. Our server racks generally have the 1Us up top and the larger ones on the bottom. The UPSs and disk arrays are placed on the bottom. Again, I don't know about standards and stuff, but that's how we do it.

Also, take your time on the wiring. You'll be happy later with a clean rack later on.

3. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

Hmm, I don't have any standards, but heavy stuff at the bottom how I set my stuff up. Only thing that will save you time and money, pre-plan all your cabling and wiring and make it neat. Label everything. Brother p-touch is your best friend.

4. okay, thanks for the input. i'm just getting started after my degree and i'll learn from more experience.

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

What exactly do you want to know? Question is kinda vague.

Depending on everything that is going to be mounted, there are preferred ways to lay out the equipment and cable management..

6. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

This man speaks the truth.