GUN Examining 2005 FBI Crime Stats

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Keesh, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Keesh

Keesh New Member

http://newsbusters.org/node/9140

Right-to-Carry Influence?

Sorting FBI data by violent crime rate uncovers some interesting results. The seven least violent states are all shall-issue right-to-carry (RTC). Of the seven most violent states, three are non-RTC (includes D.C.) Since about 75% of all states are RTC, 43% of the worst being non-RTC makes these states over-represented at the unpleasant end. The five states with the lowest murder rate are RTC, but two of the five worst are non-RTC. The eleven states with the lowest robbery rate are RTC, but of the eleven worst, 5 are non-RTC. Nine of 10 states with the lowest assault rates are RTC, while 3 of 10 with the highest rates are non-RTC. The only exception is in rates of rape, where three of the 10 lowest are non-RTC, while only one non-RTC state is in the 10 worst.

Overall, non-RTC states average 27.8% higher violent crime rates, most notably 43.8% higher murder and 85% higher robbery rates, than RTC states. (See Table 4) The exception is rape: non-RTC states averaged 21.1% lower rates, reversing a 9-year trend where 10 states with RTC laws enacted during 1995-1996 saw their rates of rape drop faster than non-RTC states.[8]

----------------------------------
    I'm sure this may be a repost but I thought it had some good statistics in it :cool:

I wonder if the fact that rape is higher is because less women carry, or somthing to that effect...

2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I can't wait to see this on the CNN main page . . .

the day that happens I will take the day off and spend all day at the range.

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

You don't need an excuse like that to do it.