exactly what is the difference between "sealant" and "wax"?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Sep 8, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

kinda confused on this one, and havent found any good writeups on the difference between the two.

2. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Sealants are considered to be of the Polymer and /or Acrylic family. Synthetics for lack of a better word....Normally better durability then Nubas, some contain UV inhibitors...
    Waxes on the other hand may or may not be a combination of Natural Carnaubas, and Polymers, and have very limited durability, and normally wont contain any UV inhibitors....

Carnaubas have been associated with warmer looks and greater depth, deeper colors.....I tend to disagree, feeling the best synthetic products available, i.e., Blackfire or UPP and some others, will match or exceed Carnaubas visual benefits.....and undoubtedly exceed durability...
    I do expect Scott to have a somewhat different opinion....

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I agree on the definitions but I've yet to find a synthetic that gives me the warm, rich glow of a carnauba. Wolfgang and Poorboy's EX w/carnauba are pretty close though.

Optimum Car Wax x 2 topped with Souveran, Carnauba Moose or Natty's Blue on black paint = :wackit:

4. exceldetail

exceldetail New Member

Optimum Car Wax x 2 topped with Souveran, Carnauba Moose or Natty's Blue on black pai

LMAO..........