MIL exactly what does the Army do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nietsni3, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nietsni3

nietsni3 Guest

in other words, what are the difference between Army's and Marines' functions? someone says the Marines will fight to gain control of the place. then Army comes in, occupies and defends it, no?

2. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

correct. army basically stands watch after the marines are done with the dirty work.

someone on here won't be happy with that reply. sorry. :)

3. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

The difference is that the army attempts to make the local civilians friendly while the marines go about killing camels and trying to make the civilians attack them so they have more targets.

4. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Well, the guys on Bragg don't do a whole lot as far as I can see. I think they mostly go to the mall during their on duty time, in uniform. I honestly don't think they own civilian clothes because they are out all hours in uniform in public. That and they drive like morons. I think that about sums up what the army does. Air Force FTW!!

5. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

YEAH MOTHERFUCKER. That's right... I guess you were here when I was stationed there doing a whole lot of staying at work until 9 or 10pm and going in at 5am wanting to kill myself. I HATED the army when I was stationed there, and now I'm probably going to re-enlist.

6. brownfield

brownfield OT Supporter

AF is not authorized on my watch to talk shit on the Army.

7. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

the chair force isn't authorized to talk shit to any branch. are you kidding? :rofl:

8. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

See, you guys think Air Force, and you automatically assume flight crew or some office job. Well, sorry, but it's not all like that. Aircraft maintenance is about as shitty a job as you can get. Just like the grunts, we're out in the crappy weather, treated like scum, work ridiculous hours. One of my army friends actually said that aircraft maintenance is as close to infantry as the air force can get. We are the bottom of the food chain, yet without us, everyone else would be screwed. Kinda like the infantry. I respect what the Army does, don't get me wrong, but anyone who's been to Bragg knows there are more than enough morons stationed there to give the Army a bad name.

9. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

And judging from your avitar you're navy, so umm, not a whole lot of room to talk either. Although I am envious, I really wish I went Navy instead of AF, and if I had to do it all over again I would.

10. nietsni3

nietsni3 Guest

why???

11. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Why what?

12. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Each branch of the military has a unique mission within the overall mission of U.S. security and peace. Here they are in a nutshell:

Air Force and Air Force Reserve: The nation's source of air and space power. The primary mission of the USAF is to fly planes, helicopters, and satellites.

Air National Guard: The Air National Guard as we know it today is a separate reserve component of the United States Air Force.

Army and Army Reserve: The dominant land power. The Army generally moves in to an area, secures it, and instills order and values before it leaves. It also guards U.S. installations and properties throughout the world.

Army National Guard: The Army National Guard is an elite group of warriors who dedicate a portion of their time to serving their nation. Each state has its own Guard, as required by the Constitution; in fact, it is the only branch of the military whose existence is actually required by the Constitution.

Coast Guard and Coast Guard Reserve: The Coast Guard's mission is primarily with domestic waterways. The Coast Guard does rescues, law enforcement, drug prevention, and clears waterways.

Marine Corps and Marine Corps Reserve: The Marine Corps is known as the U.S.' rapid-reaction force. They are trained to fight by sea and land, and usually are the first "boots on the ground." Marines are known as the world's fiercest warriors.

Navy and Navy Reserve: The Navy accomplishes its missions primarily by sea, but also by air and land. It secures and protects the oceans around the world to create peace and stability, making the seas safe for travel and trade.

http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step01_mil_overview,,00.html

13. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

/thread

14. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

/agreed What a fucking shitstorm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.