ex500 wont run

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Cmndr. WRX>MUSTANG, Mar 17, 2007.

1. I just finished painting it, and putting everything on, my friend acticidently pulled a hose near the gas tank. The bike would start, but would die when I gave it gas. After fucking with it, now it wont start. Basically heres the deal, i know the 2 hoses on the left go into the gas tank on the bottom, and the top right hose (you cant see it) also goes into the tank. I have no idea where the clear hose came from, or goes, my idiot friend pulled it. SHIT. any ideas? Any more information needed? 94 ex500
    [​IMG]

2. I identified the topsidetank nipple AS the fuel drip hose, it just goes to the bottom of the bike where it splatters on the ground, the 3 on the left are all coming out the of carbs it looks like, heres some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

I'd probably read it if the pictures weren't so huge I can't read the entire line or see the whole picture on my 1600 x 900 monitor. Buy a service manual or look online for one.

4. noxxs

noxxs New Member

they look like fuel hoses, esp. if they go to the carbs. check to see that when you're hooking them up to the gas tank that you don't have a petcock to off or something like that. set it on the prime setting if there is one for a couple of seconds, and then try to start it again. if it doesnt start, try shooting some carb cleaner or starting fluid into your air intake. if the bike starts up for a couple of seconds, then more than likely you're not getting any fuel into the engine and you have to figure out why.