Ex wife situation

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Arkaybee, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

So I was recently divorced as many know from my previous thread. The last time I talked to my ex wife was about two weeks after our divorce. She needed me to install a car stereo for her and I wanted to say goodbye one last time.

During the install she told me (again) how much she can't trust me and how excited she is to leave her life behind in Salt Lake and start over. She told me that she never wants to talk to me again and doesn't want to ever see me again (she is saying all this while I am installing her stereo).

So after that night I started to get on with my life. I haven't talked to her at all and haven't even tried to make contact with her. However, she texts me about 2x a week with just "business" stuff like "Do I have any mail at the house?" or "Have you taken my name off the utilities bill?" I haven't replied to any of those texts. Last night she sends me a text saying that her new credit cards are being send to my house and she wants me to keep an eye out for them. Again, I didn't respond...I just delete the texts I get from her after reading them. She just called me (on my cell, I'm at work so I didn't answer) and left a message that said she hoped I got her text last night and would really appreciate it if I kept an eye out for her new credit cards.

I don't want to be a total dick to her (I'm not going to tell her to FO) but I don't really want to reply unless its something life threatening... I don't know what to do. Input please :hs:

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

you're a pushover...

If an ex asked me to do some autowork for them I'd charge them Free work is something you do for friends and family which judging by your post she is no longer a part of either group. Regardless if I charger her or not, if they started saying shit like that I'd drop what I was doing and leave.

3. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

she sounds like a total cunt and deserves to be treated like one

4. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You have absolutely no reason to deal with ANY of her mail. Like someone else said, if it comes back to you, you send it back to the post office. It's up to her to get all her addresses changed and such.

Hell, you don't even have to give them her new address if you know it, simply take it back and say "she is no longer living at this address".

And I totally agree with what was said about the car stereo. Hell, I wouldn't have even done it for money, I would have told her "there are plenty of places you can have it installed at".

Its way too early for you to be having any contact with her...any contact for business should be done through a lawyer.

She's acting very immature, rubbing the divorce in your face and trying to make you feel bad. You do NOT ever need to respond to anyone who acts in that fashion.

The only reason you have to deal with her mail is because I think you might get in trouble if you were to just throw it away without letting the post office know she doesn't live there.

6. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Blah, while she is a bitch and her mail shouldn't be going to your place still you are just causig yourself ore annoyance by not responding to her.

Call her once more, tell her you're dealing with your shit and to leave you alone and get on with her life already.

8. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Really? :confused: I feel like she's trying to find a reason to talk to him and she isn't so concerned with her mail as she is with getting him to call her back. I say don't call and have her mail either returned or forwarded. Calling her is just giving in to her. :dunno:

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

be a total dick to her, she asked for it

oh and that's one stereo that WOULD NOT have gotten installed if I was in your shoes :)

this is all a test to see if she still has you wrapped around her finger

she wants to toy with you for her amusement

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

and if its life threatening, she should call 9/11, not you

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i agree. she stated the last day he saw her that she said she never walked to talk to him again and never wanted to see him again. she can text all she wants, doesnt mean she is going to get anything from him.

TS, you have zero obligations to her. if you get mail for her, send it back. she is not living there anymore, she has a new address, her mail should be going there, not to you. you cant start your new life and move forward if you are still seeing her while she picks up mail, etc

12. chakup

chakup Guest

she want's contact- and she's hoping by her being so "strong" and ready to move on it'll hurt you. she's not ready to move on so this is how she's coping with it.

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

That's what I'm thinking.

14. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

At first I was wondering if she was just using "business" as an excuse to keep talking to me. I actually still think that may be a good enough excuse for her to keep talking to me and it's probably driving her nuts that I don't reply.

Blah. I just want to move on since she pretty much told me to FO

15. GanglyGoodness

GanglyGoodness .

So do the same.

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Again, I'm pulling out my "Be the better person, because you CAN" line.

Don't tell her to fuck off. Figure out what last things you need to tell her, call her, tell her in a civil and professional manner, then hang up.

She probably wants you to flip out, to know that she is getting to you. Never ever allow yourself to react like this when someone is trying to egg you on.

Call her and say something like "Hello, I am calling you to inform you that any mail delivered here will be returned to the post office. Please notify the post office and any agencies you receive mail from regularly of your change of address. Thank you. Goodbye."

17. alo816

alo816 New Member

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Bleh, when her mail comes forward it to her and explain to her not to send any more mail to your house.

No sense causing yourself needless drama. Set a boundary and stick with it.

19. Reign

Reign Banned

Cut up the cards and mail her the pieces, don't include a return address or anything. Make it so she KNOWS who did it but can't prove it.

20. Joybang

Joybang New Member

I wouldn't do a thing she asks of you. Why would you? Mail comes, you send it back. She shit all over you after WHILE you were doing her a favor with the stereo, though god only knows why you sat there and took that kind of abuse from your ex wife.

21. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

tell her youll look out for her cards until she comes by and eats the everloving shit fresh out or your asshole...you dont have to do anything, shes responsible for her own mail...

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think she's just a pain in the ass and wants to nag him. Him ignoring her only makes her more upset so she keeps up the contact. If he puts his foot down and says "Look, I will deal with everything in my own time. Mind your own business. Get your shit re-routed to your new place and enjoy your life. Don't contact me again."

23. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

there is almost no way I would have installed that stereo if I was in your shoes.

It entirely possible that she is trying to see how far she can push you for her own amusement, or it is possible that she simply isn't ready to move on and this is her way of coping and trying to seem like she is.

Either way there is no reason to call her, after all she started with texts and hoped you would respond (most likely call.)

If I were you I would send her a text or email, simply stating that you will write no longer lives here on any mail for her and place it in the mailbox for the postal service to handle. If she has a new address for it, I would send her this link

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/f...649F2E7_k2B726149-0E56-CA7F-64D7-2E84FBEE5EA5

and be done with it without any personal interaction.

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

she is a toxic person in your life

25. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

Dont know what this means...

And she already filled out a change of address form with the post office when she moved out. I don't know why the PO isn't forwarding her mail to the new address. I still get credit card offers, college brochures, random junk mail, and the few important looking things like CC statements and medical bills. She asked me to keep an eye out for her new credit cards because "for some reason the post office won't forward them." I don't know why she just can't call up the bank and say, "Hey I have a new address..."

I never called her back or responded to her texts. She is supposedly moving to NC in a week and wants me to hold her mail till her mom can pick it up at the end of the month. I have done nothing but bend over backward for her and got walked on. I know that from the outside looking in (and the logical way of dealing with this) I should just write "return to sender" on all her mail which is an option that I am considering but there is that little part of me that still wants to be nice to her (I don't know why, don't ask haha).

I guess I will just continue waiting this out. Once she moves (if she does) I can move on because she won't be here in Salt Lake to nag me.