SRS Ex wife getting remarried, invited to party

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pyropup55, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Pyropup55

Pyropup55 Active Member

Like it says, my ex wife is getting married in a couple of weeks out in vegas. When she gets back they're throwing a party at their house. Well I was invited to the party. Any advice on if I should go or not? The only reason I would go, would just to spend more time with my son, on the other hand I just think it would be really weird. Also, my mom was invited and is going to the party, am I the only one that finds that kinda fucked up?

2. themorrison

themorrison New Member

3. Daveee

Daveee New Member

:bowrofl:

4. Brian May

Brian May New Member

don't spam that shit here

this isnt the main forum

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's only fucked up if it's:
    1. Within months of your divorce
    2. New husband is your friend
    3. You ended badly

We have no details of your marriage, divorce, feelings, etc. I've known married coupled who got divorced and still stayed GREAT friends. It's weird to some people but not every breakup of a marriage ends horribly and bitter.

Let me ask you this, why would you feel it is awkward? Do you still love her? Do you care she is getting married? How long has it been? Do you think she is inviting you because she still see's you as someone she cares about (moreso as a friend now)?

6. Pyropup55

Pyropup55 Active Member

Well the marriage ended by her cheating on me. I care about her and love her in the sense that she's the mother of my son and if she needed something I would do my best to help her out. We've been divorced for about 2 years now, we still talk but only because of our son, if not for him I doubt I would ever talk to her. I past the resentment and everything for the most part. I won't lie sometimes it'll pop in my head and I'll get really pissed. The guy she's marrying is good to her and good to my son. I am happy for her, I would just feel kinda weird being there though. I dunno

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ahh ok, well I'm sorry first of all.

The good thing is it is completely up to you, you know? If it's only going to make you sad or angry then you shouldn't be there because in a weird way it's supposed to be a happy day for her and the new husband. Maybe she thought inviting you was the more courteous thing than not inviting you considering you do still talk, even if it's only because of your son.

If you decide it is better you do not go just tell her. Be honest and say congratulations but you think it'd be best if you did not attend so she can have a great day.

8. less_than_adam

less_than_adam New Member

So was this the person she cheated on you with?