ex wants to be friends...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Redliner7, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Redliner7

Redliner7 New Member

Do you guys ever remain friends with someone you were romantically involved in? Especially if you liked her a whole lot, quite possibly even have 'loved' her?

We ended it a month ago, and i hadn't talked to her at all -- and now she txts me tonight saying she misses me and wants to be friend's still. I miss her greatly, but I see no reason to come back into this, if I'm only going to be friends. I know what I want, and know what I deserve. And it's not a goddamn friendship...but damn do i miss her.

help :o

2. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

no.

3. Hyudra

Hyudra New Member

Do what you think is right. Don't compromise your integrity by what anyone deems correct. We're all here to give you options.

4. Raggity Man

Raggity Man Lets share the milk of human kindness

i didnt talk to my ex for like 2 weeks and then she came back and wanted to be friends. i was still used to having her as a g/f so when i saw her making out with other dudes i let it get to me i had to cut it off with her, i dont need stupid shit like that bugging me. but thats just my pansy ass, i have still yet to talk to my previous ex's. so i guess what im saying is that not being friends is easier, but it depends on if you can handle your feelings and emotions so that you can have a decent friendship.

5. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Dude, I'm just getting out of that chapter. Don't do it.

DON'T

DO

IT

No matter how much you miss her

You'll regret it, I promise.

You've been warned

PS DONT FUCKING DO IT

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

yes, but after a couple years of no contact, and even then it's pretty superficial.

7. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

I made this mistake recently. Never again. :hs:

8. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

dude, this is like the golden rule in the book of dating: cut all contact with exes.

9. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

Abort Abort Abort

10. fray

fray New Member

the more you think you miss her and may have loved her, the worse of an idea it is to try to be friends.

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

/thread. Where's the issue?

I've tried it both ways and the friends way doesn't work. It's been 8 years since my first serious girlfriend and I were together. Just recently have we both been able to be around each other with no feelings for each other and just hang out. 8 years...that's 96 months. To try being friends with her ever isn't going to work. If your paths cross again years down the road than so be it, but you're her ex and that isn't ever going to change. Even if you get back together with her for another failed round of dating, you'll still be the guy she got back together with. There's a reason you're broken up with her right now. Regardles of who did it and why, there is a reason and you need to let it be.

12. Atheist

Atheist oh, hi OT Supporter

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The less serious your relationship/feelings for her, the easier you can be friends.

I am friends with only one "ex," and we were never even really bf/gf, most just like FWB. Now we talk online on an almost daily basis, and hang out occasionally, too. She's dating someone else now and I don't care.

All of my other exes I cannot be friends with. I know that seeing them, much less hanging out with them, would trigger old feelings.

So my advice to you is, if on a scale of 1 to 10, you were emotionally involved with her at a level higher than 2.5, do not be friends with her.

14. dew

dew Banned

FUCK THAT SHIT srsly.

15. Bacaa

Bacaa New Member

Danger! Danger Will Robinson! It happened to me recently as well, wont ever do that again..

16. jpolakowski

jpolakowski New Member

Yeah don't do it you'll just end up with a storm cloud over your head. I don't really want you to get into why the relationship ended but I'm guessing it wasn't a bad breakup.

17. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

18. Propaganda

Propaganda New Member

I fell into this trap. Just don't do it man.

19. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

I'm just getting over this trap....that was set over 2 years ago...

20. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

The first one takes a while to realize it then get out. After that it goes a little quicker. You realize being an "ass hole" by not talking to her is really the best alternative. That's why dating someone you have mutual friends with is a pain in the dick sometimes.

21. Redliner7

Redliner7 New Member

She ended it on me. It was back and forth for awhile before it was final. It's was an LDR, but we got along great when she was home...finally it was too much for her so she broke it...

Last night, I txt'd "busy, talk later" ...

And I haven't txt'd her back since. No need to think about it until she txts/calls/emails. If and when she does, I'll set the record straight. That there's no reason to be friends...I have enough friends, and I want to be more than friends with her. I wanted more.

22. Nitin

Nitin OT Supporter

Don't do it man. Last thing I'd ever do is become "friends" with an ex. There's no fucking point in that and nothing good can come of it.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Vag gurus, that a good line? To say "No, I already have enough friends..." or something along those lines?

24. nerd9

nerd9 OT Supporter

the point is to be firm and strong. most spineless SOBs would cave in but dropping that line on her will sting her and show her that you're not a pushover faggot

:bigthumb:

25. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I just got back from college and my ex is trying to make contact again. I'm not really feeling it either. From the start I wanted sex, but now it's just no. I can't really see it working. It's more pain than worth enduring. Hopefully I can stand my ground till I get back to school.