GUN Ex-Navy Seal Hides Explosives At His Home

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 30, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ex-Navy Seal Hides Explosives At His Home
    http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7557350
    Posted: Dec 30, 2007 09:35 AM

A retired navy seal is facing serious charges after police found boxes of military grade explosives at his house.

Police say they got a tip that 34-year-old Elbert Tillman Jr. was hiding a huge amount of explosives inside his barn.

Police say they found everything from claymore mines to c-4, and even tracer rounds.

Police say, Tillman was hiding enough explosives to blow up the entire neighborhood.

"There's only two logical places this stuff can come from that's the military, and they're not going to give it away. Second place would be armed stealers. Until we get further into the investigation we can't tell where the source was from" said Jim Judkins, Suffolk fire official.

People who live in the neighborhood were evacuated for two hours while the bomb squad checked out everything.

ibdewattgrenades&reloadingsupplies

He had tracer rounds too :eek3::noes::ugh:

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

lol @ tracers

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd like a few claymores to take care of the racoons that get into my garbage cans. :o

4. johnson

johnson New Member

lol @ " and even tracers rounds"

5. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

jealous. i want them.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ex-SEAL faces multiple weapons and drug charges in Suffolk.

Daily Press
    11:00 PM EST, December 29, 2007
    SUFFOLK - A 34-year-old former Navy SEAL was arrested and charged Saturday with four felonies for possessing more than 200 different types of military-grade explosives inside his residence on Ferry Point Road in Suffolk.

Investigators say Elbert Tillman Jr. had enough illegal explosives to do damage as far as a 1/3 mile radius from his home.

Local, state and federal agents seized Claymore anti-personnel mines, detonators, C-4 plastic explosives and tracer ammunition from Tillman's white, barn-shaped garage at 6508 Ferry Point Road in a rural residential neighborhood in the Chuckatuck area of Suffolk.

Authorities also seized 18 rifles, numerous handguns, two computers and 28 metal military boxes of assorted ammunition.

Tillman is charged with four felony counts of manufacture and possession of explosive devices, a Class 5 felony, said Capt. Jim Judkins of Suffolk Fire and Rescue. For each count, Tillman faces a maximum of 10 years in jail and a fine up to $2,500.

Additional charges could be filed once all explosive devices are inventoried, according to the Suffolk Police Department. Other pending charges are likely to include the possession of illegal steroids and weapons charges relating to possession of weapons while in possession of illegal drugs. An investigation is ongoing to determine if any of the items were stolen government property.

Tillman also is being investigated in Martinsville, Ind., for a violent domestic assault and will be charged later in the week, according to Suffolk Police.

Authorities executed the raid while Tillman wasn't home and detained him upon his arrival.

Tillman, who retired from the Navy about six years ago, is cooperating with authorities and remained on the scene for several hours in police custody, Judkins said. He was later transported to Western Tidewater Regional Jail in Suffolk, where he's being held without bond.

"These explosives aren't available to anyone except the military or if they're bought on the black market," Judkins said. In 28 years with the fire department, Judkins said this is the largest explosives cache he's ever seen.

"We've had our share of homemade bombs and old stashes of dynamite in abandoned farm buildings," he said, "but nothing of this magnitude."

Acting on a tip received Friday from a Tillman acquaintance,
    Suffolk Police and Fire and Rescue officers stormed the home Saturday morning around 8 a.m., Judkins said. Once investigators found military-grade explosives, agents from the FBI, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Virginia State Police Bomb Squad and Naval Criminal Investigative Services responded to the scene.

Following a search of the house, Judkins said, a second warrant -- for a drug-related search -- was issued. Authorities found three shopping bags full of steroids along with numerous syringes inside the house, Judkins said. Neighbors in about a dozen homes near the garage were evacuated for two hours Saturday morning until investigators secured the area and confirmed that the explosives weren't an immediate threat.

Investigators remained at the scene Saturday night, inspecting the barn, storage shed and two-story brick home Tillman shared with his girlfriend and five children, neighbors said. Tillman has owned the home since 2004, according to property records.

Tillman's girlfriend and the five children were in Indiana at the time of the raid,
    neighbors said.

Most residents in the quiet neighborhood with 3-acre lots were in disbelief Saturday night, as dozens of federal agents and a handful of television vans circled through the area.

"It's pretty wacko," said Dr. Martin Harpen, a nephrologist who lives two houses from Tillman. "I was surprised, to be honest, and the first question I had was: I wonder what he planned to do with it."

Megan Rudd, 27, who lives behind Tillman on Shady Grove Lane, said the situation is "very, very nerve-wracking." "It makes me very uncomfortable knowing all this stuff is just sitting right behind our house," she said. "It gives me chills just thinking about it."

Charles Lester, a former neighbor and acquaintance of Tillman, described the man as quiet, private and "bizarre," but quick with a smile and "likable."

Lester and his wife, Janet, who now live in North Carolina, stopped allowing their 12-year-old son to visit the Tillman house while Elbert was home.

"He was a little rough with his kids," Lester said. "He was definitely a Rambo-type guy, and he made you feel uneasy at times."

Tillman's 12-year-old step-son "was petrified of him," Lester said. The boy "was afraid to be there sometimes, and stayed at our hose an awful lot."

Lester said Tillman, who goes by the nickname "Squirrel," owns his own business repairing boats and works on race cars at his house.

---

Fucking women.

7. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

So him and some woman got in a fight, she must have seen some of the stuff and not cared, and to be a vindictive bitch she called him in on it.

If I found out my neighbor had that kind of stuff laying around all I'd care to know was the he wasn't a moron and was just a reasonable citizen. Beyond that it's not my business and I wouldn't care. Hell, I wouldn't even expect to know he ever had it and that's perfectly fine by me.

I still get looks from my neighbors when I carry a rifle to and from the car.

8. t1h

t1h Guest

lol

9. Blip

Blip Active Member

C'mon man, claymores and C-4 in a residential neighborhood, with 5 kids in the house? :nono:

10. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

well if its locked up who cares? and anyway the location shouldnt matter if properly cared for. seriously, how much fun would that be to set up and blow off.... like blow holes through frozen lakes or something.

11. Blip

Blip Active Member

Guess you could use the claymores to hunt deer.:mamoru:

12. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I thought that if you served a warrant on a house, anything illegal you found that wasnt related to what you were looking for was not really admissable into court or that you couldnt be brought up on charges for it, which makes this seem kinda shady:

So they just happened to have a hunch that those three shopping bags had drugs in them? And requested a warrant for them? :hsugh:

I dont know of any drug sniffing dogs that can sniff out steroids

13. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

uhhh dont they mean arms dealers

14. fatcow

fatcow OT Supporter

haha, I noticed that when reading too.

15. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Uh, once the police have a search warrant they're able to search every place listed on the warrant. Some warrants are specific meaning they can only search a certain room or a certain building on the property, but if they get a general warrant then everything is fair game.

16. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

fucking worthless cunt

17. demusn79

demusn79 New Member

Only semi retired i guess.:hsugh: