SRS Ex got a new boyfriend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by valvefloat, Feb 23, 2007.

1. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

Well I have been with this girl for about 5 years. The past 2 years have been a little rocky, because I was slowly gaining weight, and becoming depressed. Well we have been like best friends but we don't see much of each other in person, but we talk on the phone like about every day. Well she told me recently that she got a new boyfriend, and I guess I always felt we were going to get back together, but obviously I was not doing anything with my life, no job, kept gaining weight, and just keep myself busy with stupid shit like tv and video games. Well now I am even more depressed. I told her the only way for me to get over her is too say goodbye and not talk to her, but I can't help myself, its like I have to talk to her, or I can't sleep at night. She tells me not say goodbye she doesn't want me to stop talking to her, but I feel like its the way only way I can move on with my life and get motivated to do something. Should I keep talking to her? Should I stop? I really want to get out of this rut im in, but I just can't seem to do it.:wtc:

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

move on dude.

Start getting in shape through diet and exercise, look for a job and/or go to school. You're so dependent on this chick because no matter how much farther you dig the hole you're in, she's there to talk to you. Now she's not there, so you feel like this is an overwhelming change that you simply cannot undergo.

Time to turn your life around, rather than let this eat you up inside.

3. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

its always darkest before dawn

do some serious thinking, make a plan, stick with it like your life depends on it. you'll get your dignity back and SLOWLY start to move on

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

You need to cut off all contact with her immediatly, it's the only way you'll ever be able to get over her. You need to put 100% of your energy into getting your life back in order.

5. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

:wtc: can't sleep, just keep walking around my house.

6. ReFreshing

ReFreshing OT Supporter

Yea my ex got a new guy. I still wanna talk to her but im trying to move one. Don't worry you'll get through it.

7. Coranai

Coranai Ninja Kitty

If she's really that great of a friend & you knew that you weren't anything more than a friend... then just be happy for her.

You do need to let go though & get on with bettering your life. There's no stopping you from being her friend & if quitting cold turkey isn't for you, then do it slowly. Talk to her every other day, then every 3rd day, then move it to only once or 2x a week... but remember she's moved on and trying to make her life better, you can do the same.

I wish you luck.

8. GanglyGoodness

GanglyGoodness .

I would reccomend cutting all contact immediately. She obviously has no regard for your own happiness if she needs you and another guy for attention - even though you may be miserable about it.

The first couple weeks is always the hardest. Maybe try doing some rigourous exercise to keep your mind off of her...

9. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

Yeah I did some exercise last night, first time in awhile, kinda made me tired and made me crawl into bed.:wtc: She keeps sending me messages but I am trying to not look at my phone.

10. GanglyGoodness

GanglyGoodness .

Maybe you should ask her not to call you anymore, and that you're trying to move on? If she cared about you at all, she would respect your wishes. She has moved on and I think she should respect you enough to let you do the same.

Just keep your head up, it will get better.

11. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

All sorts of drama now........ Had a long talk with her this morning. I told her only call me if it was important, and I told her I wouldn't call her.

12. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN OT Supporter

I understand how you feel. But you have to man up, take the pain and move on.
    I was with a girl for 7 years and she left. She wants to talk as friends still but I can't do it because you have to protect yourself from the shit you are seeing right now. I never told her I will never talk to her again; but I cut her communication off for the most part so she will figure that out on her own. You have to do this because you have to take it all as a motivation to do even better in your life. You should have quit talking to her when you two broke up so you wouldn't know anything about her such as seeing she has a new boyfriend. Take it easy and move on with motivation.

13. cd7

cd7 how troublesome

man the fuck up. delete her number, hit the gym and get a job. she has made it clear she has moved on (new bf) and now you are on the sidelines holding your dick while shes with some other guy. MOVE ON, LET IT GO. the only advice i can give you is to find peace of mind, know that one day, the void that you have will be replaced.