SRS ex girlfriend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shrug, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

i've never posted here and i dont know why i am now but fuck it

i've been dating my girlfriend for ~3 years as of yesterday. Im white and she's indian. In the last year our relationship was getting more serious and there was talk over marriage and other such things. When her parents caught wind that it wasn't just a fling or short term or whatever the fuck happens in Indian parent's heads they literally told her they would disown her from her entire family (not just immediate) if she didn't break it off immediately. I can see why she had to do it but now i feel like garbage, we had an excellent relationship and now its all gone and not because it had to be but because of the whim of another person.

I know its not right but she was also my best friend, dunno what the fuck im going to do.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Shit. That really sucks and I'm sorry because it's hard for most peope to give advice in this situation because it is pretty rare. I honestly am not sure what to tell you. How does you gf feel after them saying that? Is she pretty much just like "Well we better end it because I don't want to be disowned?"

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

How old are you two? Are you not able to live without the support of parents? I understand that no one wants to lose their family but if she really feels like you are the one, then she should be willing to stand up to her family in defense of your relationship. I guess if my mom were to tell me something like that but I knew I was with the guy I wanted to marry, I couldn't lose that and my mom would have to deal with it. But that's just me.

4. Shrug

she doesnt feel good but theres more at stake then her immediate family, she was convinced she would be outcast from the whole tree. which basically amounts to a community.

5. Shrug

were both graduating college. i think the same way but apparently indian people are different.

6. JDM5LugHatch

JDM5LugHatch New Member

Have you talked to her parents? I have a filipino fiance and at first it was really hard for her mom becuase she obviously wants her to stay with her own. However, she has come around and things are great. Her dad always seemed to like me though. I had to have several talks with her mom because she was the only one with issues. Let me tell you it's hard but you and her need to grow some balls and stand up for how you truely feel. It's a Romeo and Juliet scenario kinda. Don't let others force the 2 of you apart if it is true love.

7. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

thats just fucked up, this is the 21st century, if her parents decide to disown her, then they should grow the fuck up and get with the times. Who are the parents to say who she can be with especially if shes graduating college for fucks sake, shes old enough to do what she wants.

If she really wanted to be with you, then she wouldnt have broken up with you, REGARDLESS of what her parents say, I mean, thats something you may do at like 13 years old, seriously.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

While I also think its bullshit, it has nothing to do with "the times," this is their religion at hand...and while you think it's shit they will change their ideals for no one.

And yes, it's nice to think that love would make her welcome her family's disgrace and disowning to be with the guy, but at the end of the day she is facing the hardest decision of her life at the moment. She's grown up being told that she shouldn't even date outside her race, so the fact that she dated this guy for a few years is already disgraceful to them.

I feel bad for the OP, just hope he moves on.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

If she was like fuck them, I am going to stay with you and a year later something happens and you break up then she doesn't have you or her family. Her family will always be there for her.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

exactly.

11. Shrug

her dad has went so far to say that he would be dishonored and would cast her out of the entire family, its true too. He does crazy shit like that, hes not americanized, hes directly from the motherland.

12. Shrug

this is the worst thing ive ever gone through, we literally had a perfect relationship. We never fought, always got along and had everything in common. As stupid as it sounds and as much as i realize reality is not fiction is was as close to perfect as ive ever been. Right now i dont even know.

13. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

If her family is willing to completely disown her, they may not ALWAYS be there for her.