SRS ex-girlfriend, how do i get over this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by greypilgrum, Apr 8, 2005.

1. greypilgrum

greypilgrum New Member

So I was going out with this girl for six months and I fell in love with her. About a month ago after this thing happend where she kissed her ex-boyfriend and claimed it meant nothing, I forgive her and everything seems fine. The next day I see her at school and I try not to say much because even though I forgave her, I was still hurt and I didn't want to say anything that would upset her. So she calls me that night and is crying and ends up saying she doesn't want to hurt me anymore and breaks up with me. I didn't want that, but it happend. Now it's been a month later and she has a new boyfriend and I still can't get over her. I'm having trouble sleeping and eating still and I don't know what to do. I need some help, anyone have any advice?

2. jeff2577

jeff2577 OT OG

Lose the 13 year old mentality. 6 months is nothing. You have a good 70 years left to find somebody else.

Go out with friends, play a sport at school or in a rec center. Do anything but sit on your ass.

3. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Eh, 6 months can hurt too, I understand bro. Everyone copes with it different. I dealt with my own stuff by talking to *everyone* I knew till even I was sick of talking about it.

4. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

Try doing something to take your mind off of her. It doesn't matter how old you are emotional pain can be searing if 6 months is a large percentage of your life or the longest relationship you've been in.

Just resort back to any hobbies you have and plunge yourself into constructive and positive activities. the hardest part is spending time by yourself when you are alone. Try to be around friends and family.

5. vietboi812

vietboi812 New Member

dont worry bro i went through the same thing. At this point in time there is nothing you can do but forget about her. It took me 6 months to forget about my ex, but its worth it. There are plenty of fishes in the sea so dont worry , you just gotta use the right bait :) Knock on wood not to jinx myself or anything. Hope this helps.

6. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

im kinda in the same boat as this guy. I cant get this bitch out of my head and im pretty sure she is fine now compared to me. I do the normal things like work, school, chat with people. But its when i start to dream and i have dreams of her still. Its fucking annoying cuz i dont want to. i went out with her for 8 months and its been 6 and i still think of her rarely. I guess time gets rid of it or a new gf. (which i really dont want to do seeing as im making money and oppritunities for me are now appearing and i dont need some chick to stop me)

7. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

6 months is high school stuff. I've been recently left after 4 years. The best thing you can do right now is dont look back. Just keep moving forward and have hope that there is someone out there that will love you more than she will.

8. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

well now im just telling myself "w/e if you can hang it alone and keep more to yourself then give to others then your fine" little selfish but it keeps me positive

9. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

two people can bond over 6 months. It's a big deal no matter how long because trust was betrayed and a person was left with a bad feeling in their hearts. But to the thread starter: It's just going to take some time to get over someone who meant something to you. Being friends might complicate this so if you are not already distancing yourself while you are still hurting, give yourself some distance or give yourself more distance.

If you are not eating or sleeping, then that is bad. I know food and sleep is not as enjoyable when you are not feeling emotionally well, but try and find a friend to eat out with. Throw yourself into offering your time and interest with friends or other people who would benefit from your company.

10. I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS Looking is free but touching will cost ya. OT Supporter

That right there is the truth... I know how you feel. As far as the creator of this post goes.... There are a million better looking, nicer, more funny girls out there than her. Dont let one girl get you down.

Good luck, losing anyone is tough. It will all get better soon enough.

Jared