SRS Ex-gf (ish?) problems

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by niquesuave06, Jan 14, 2007.

1. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

I dated this girl for almost 2 years of my life, and I really fell for her. She did everything right to just hook me. . .and I did everything I could to be a gentleman to her.

Well, I eventually made some mistakes and really fucked up. We went off to college together (we started dating in hs :o) and I basically got really jealous. I don't know why I did, but I ended up messing a lot of things up.

We broke up almost 2 months ago, but we've still been talking. I really, really fucked up a lot over the last month but she's forgiven me (to an extent). I had some younger girls (I didn't know at the time, but they are juniors in high school. . .fuck) over to my house during Christmas break and one of the girls tried to get with me, and basically threw herself at me, and she (my ex) found out and I ended up really hurting her with that whole situation. I know we're not really 'dating' now but we still have feelings for each other and if she hooked up with some guy it would hurt me too.

Well, she's going back to college and I decided to not go back and attend a community college for a semester. This way I can make some money (dad has a rental property that I'm remodeling and I can really make bank off that) and be at home because of my mom's divorce and other family stuff. She came over tonight and we watched a movie and ended up talking for awhile, and she basically said that she wants us to date other people but that she thinks I'm the one. She said she's been hurt a lot by me (which I know, I fucked up several times) and that she still thinks I'm the person for her and that the only reason she wants me to date other girls is because she wants to make sure that I'm positive that she is the girl for me. She said that she wants to be with me, and I know I want to be with her. . .so it seems pretty clear cut. I'm just confused, and hurting a lot right now because she is leaving in 6 hours for a college that is 5 hours away. . .

I know we're both relatively young, and I know that we have a lot to learn. But I'm sure that she is the girl for me and I'm just having a hard time dealing with seeing her go. She cried a lot tonight when she left and I felt like I lost a part of me when I said goodbye. I'm just looking for a little support and advice on dealing with all of this.

2. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

With that kind of distance the chances of the relationship working are probably slim to none, I also think that she is telling you to date other girls so that she can date other guys and not feel bad about it.