SRS Ex-gf called

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Sep 24, 2006.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

She called drunk, telling me how her rugby team made her drink a lot more than she wanted to. Apparently she was going around telling them, "But I'm only 105 pounds," and they made her drink anyway.

Before we got off the phone she told me she loved me so much, started crying. Then she repeated 5 or 6 times that she never wanted to hurt me. I acknowledged this. She said she would let me get off the phone now. I said, "Ok. I miss you." This elicited an "I miss you sooo much," and more crying. We said goodbye and I was fucking confused.

I called her yesterday about it. She was apparently too embarrassed to call me back so I called again that night. She told me that everything she had said was just said in a moment of vulnerability. I told her not to tell me shit like that again because it makes me think she wants to get back together on some level. What a fucking cute, well-intentioned cunt she is.

2. JohnJohnJohnson

:madfawk:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

thats why you CUT CONNECTIONS and never pick up their calls or reply to their text/email.

worked for me :wtc:

4. JohnJohnJohnson

yeah but i wanted to try to stay friends

which i think would be conceivable if she didn't call me and profess her deep feelings for me as a funny joke on the off weekends

5. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

thats the hardest thing to do FRESH off the relationship.

my ex and i tried it...i gave up and told her to just leave me alone coz one of us still had strong feelings for each other.

i suggest to give it time and chill for a bit....then see how it goes in the future

6. Los

Los Active Member

Just enjoy the time you have as someone who is single and can see whoever you want to see. Time has a strange way of making things work.

7. art vandelay

art vandelay OT Supporter

You will keep opening the wounds by talking to her, texting her - break it all off, cold turkey - its tough, and you guys shared something, and can be friends after the wounds have healed.

8. Los

Los Active Member

imo, I wouldn't even be friends.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

Based on your advice, I told her a few minutes ago over the phone that I didn't think I would be speaking to her for a while, but that I'd call her when I got over it. (Whenever the fuck that will be.)

10. Los

Los Active Member

Get over it and don't call back.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

You'd have to convince me of why that makes any sense.

12. Los

Los Active Member

Why do you want to call her back after you get over her? Does that make sense? Do you want old memories to come back and flood you with sudden confusion? In an ex situation, its best to let go and move on.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

I suppose I was thinking that if I had actually gotten over it, I could remain her friend without, by definition of getting over something, a flood of confusion.

14. Los

Los Active Member

Its possible but for a lot of people, not likely.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

Fair enough, but by the same token, the generic advice for any anonymous person asking you whether they should get married is "No, don't get married," because while it is possible that marriage will work out, working out is not as likely as failure.

We can't stand above the statistics without trying.

16. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

You will never get over a girl you love...

Cutting all ties is the best.

Believe me...check out my thread in this forum...on the first page here.

17. Los

Los Active Member

But you also have to see that there is a reason why there are statistics. Because they can give you an idea about what the general consensus is. I don't need to tell you that. And of course, if you ask OT about marriage, they'll say no. I mean seriously, how many OT members have a clue as to what's really going on? :mamoru:

All jokes aside, you could take that risk, and I'm one to tell you that you don't know for sure unless you take that risk. But more often than not, the risk won't be rewarded, and you'll be in the same place you were before, except you'll be more battered and bruised.

I don't tell you this because I'm spiteful or wish you ill will. I tell you that from my experience because its the best and only way to truly get over someone. If it happens, it will on its OWN time, where you two aren't working so hard in making something work.

I leave you with just trusting your instinct, what your heart tells you. Because that's really the only way to truly live... at least to me.

Good luck friend.

18. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

I agree that you need to have a significant amount of time AWAY from any contact with her, before you will be able to be friends.

I actually feel pretty pissed off for you over that drunken bullshit call.
    Hopefully if you told her not to call you, she won't, but if she does, I recommend you don't answer, or you very quickly tell her you can't speak and then *click*.

Heard that song " Call Me When You're Sober"?

19. SxyLambdaLady6

SxyLambdaLady6 New Member

after you eventually get over it, and shes not, you dont want to call her and then have her form some drama and drag you into this again. b/c if shes not over she'll think that you calling her back is some kind of hope of being more than friends, and it'll bring back memories and yada yada...

its happened to me before, i leave exes as exes b/c they were a part of my life at one point, when i get over it i turn the page and thats it, i leave them in the past. :hsughno:

20. SxyLambdaLady6

SxyLambdaLady6 New Member

cut all ties, if you guys were meant to be, you'll find eachother again in the future someway somehow, but for now just do you and let her do her and let life happen