SRS Ex getting married, feel weird

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HyPE, Feb 27, 2006.

1. HyPE

HyPE ::OTTC Crew #2839::

so my ex with whom I havent spoken to in about a month and a half just texted me last night saying she just got engaged and is getting married in the summer.

she has only been dating this guy since the end of December. shes mormon so they get married pretty quick, apparantly :ugh:

so the thing is, im not jealous, or i dont think i am, but its weird, ive never felt this way. i cant really explain it, its just that she is moving so quick and i dont know if im just concerned or not.

anyways, just needed to let it out, not sure what I just let out, but just had to get this out of my system

:sadwavey:

2. verveintuition

verveintuition New Member

It almost always going to be a little....."something" weird when one of your ex's is getting married, having kids, or something life changing. At one point in your life *you* seriously considered those things with her.

If anything, you may just arch your eyebrow and show passing interest at the fact.
    Unless you're still interested, that is.... How long have you two been broken up? Do you feel that you're over her?

All in all:
    Be happy for her if she's happy and say goodbye. :hs:

3. HyPE

we have been broken up for about 6 months or so, but stayed very close since then (i know, wrong thing to do). In December we had a serious fight and we stopped talking until she texted me last night.

im NOT interested in her anymore, maybe it is cause i once considered her "wife" material.

i think this will just pass over time, thanks verve

4. getoffofit

getoffofit New Member

best advice ive read all day. And yes i agree, all it will take is some time. Im going through the same thing as you right now.

5. verveintuition

verveintuition New Member

np :)

It sounds like you've got a good bead on how you feel about her and a good attitude. So I agree: it'll pass over time.

6. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

give her congrats and move on! :)

7. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

I had been married 4 years before I found out my ex was getting married and while it didn't hurt me, it did kind of put a knot in my stomach for a day. It's one of those things I guess.

8. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:sad2: aww, i guess i can somewhat relate. a couple of my exes got married to the girls they dated after me. one marriage ended in divorce :)o he didn't listen to me :mamoru: ), and one's still going strong. :) the first is still a good friend of mine, though at the time i was a little sad. (our relationship had ended ~4 months prior to the news tho.)

i guess if that's not enough, a couple of other guys i've recently "dated" are in steady, long relationships with girls they met after me. i'm sure they will (inevitably) lead to marriage here soon. ;)

granted marriage isn't what i'm looking for in my life right now, i was somewhat left with the feeling, "wtf is wrong with me???" :wtc:

;) buuuut, in the end, i know i'll be a great catch to my perfect guy someday, and that's all that really matters. i'm happy for all of them :)

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

LOL @ her

you should too

10. johan

johan Active Member

I think that finding out what doesn't work for you (and thinking about it) helps you figure out what you DO want.

And I'm sure it's nothing to do with you, per se, realistically, almost everyone you formerly dated will get married. Some soon, some not so soon, but I doubt it's because there's anything inherently wrong with you...and they ran to the altar with the very next chica they met.

Your 'perfect guy' is probably out there somewhere just waiting to get to the right point in his life when he's ready to meet you. If you met him two years earlier, you might not even give him a second thought.

11. HyPE

i personally dont think she is ready to get married, but its her life

i just hope I dont hear from her anymore, i need to get laid, stat! :hsd:

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

3 months is not enough time to decide on that kind of commitment.

And that is not a personal opinion.

LOL @ her because there's obviously some kind of psychotic chemical reaction going on in her mind/body right now.

Maybe it was something you did. :squint:

13. HyPE

lol, no. She wanted to marry me but I told her that I wanted to finish school first and get a good job before I can take care of her (she wants her husband to take care of her).

she didnt like it, so we began to drift apart, eventually breaking up.

Mormons are weird :noes:

14. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: it's sooo funny you say that. :o though it's not like me to say this, but i think i HAVE met my "perfect guy." it's still fairly early, but everything in my heart says he's the one. he's one fabulous man... and the funny thing is i've known him for ~4 years. :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  15. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

screw that leech

16. johan

johan Active Member

You know you dodged a huge bullet there, right?

17. HyPE

indeed i do my friend...

...indeed i do :)