Ex Fatty Crew! Need some advice!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Paintballny, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Ok so here is my deal. Former fatty, 255-190.. cutting till 180 or lower depending on how I look.. no less than 165 though, and I am not sure where to go with all this next. Ideally I will most likely get down to my original goal weight of 180 within the next few weeks and then decide if I want to maintain or go lower. The way things are looking I don't think I'll be happy at 180 so I'll most likely keep cutting till 165 or so. After that I guess I'll maintain and then come fall bulk. I want to bulk up to like 180 (if i go down to 165) and then cut again. Now here is my question. Did you guys find it hard to judge your progress when bulking, intentionally, for the first time after a long cut? How long did you wait? I am worried that I'm gonna start to see a gain in weight but not much of a gain when it comes to muscle mass and strength. Any advice?

IBMANUPANDSTOPBEINGABITCH!

2. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

Only thing about being ex-fat and then bulking that I am concerned about is gauging progress properly. Its hard with loose skin. :-| Not having a flat stomach but being able to see your ribs and 4 abs = lose. :o

3. DeezGst

DeezGst Deriffic

I used to weigh 260. I cutt down to 168 about 2-1/2yrs ago. I bulk in the winter months and start to cutt for summer around February-May, generally about 12-16 weeks. This gives me pleanty of time to get lean for spring/summer.

It's not hard if you get over the subconcious feeling that you are going to get fat again. Check your BF% through the bulking process to make sure you are gaining good mass. Just eat clean and carry the discipline it took to lose over to gaining quality mass.

4. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Deezgst - how tall are you? How did you look at 168?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.