Ex coming to my college..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by OhHai, Jan 11, 2010.

1. OhHai

OhHai New Member

Little backstory: Me and my ex broke up almost 9 months ago. She broke it off with me basically because I had blown the trust in the relationship and had told many stupid lies (never cheated or anything, but in the end there was no trust). We had lived together for 10 months and dated for almost 2 years. We are both currently 23. This was the typical "one that got away" from me, and not a day goes by in the last 9 months that I dont think about her. Since she dumped me, I tried for almost 6 months to try to get her back, but in the end, she told me she could not trust me.. and that if I wanted her back I would know what to do.

What I was doing wasn't working and I decided I had to cut her out and maybe move on with my life. I stopped begging her to take me back, I began to attempt to fix myself and understand what I did wrong to cause issues in the relationship. I never stopped thinking about her, but tried to get the hope out of my head. She lives about 10 minutes from my house right now, but is going to community college. I go to a different college and as of now, its been the once place I know I dont have to worry about seeing her and getting all sad. (I have to drive past her work almost every day to get to the freeway to work, or run errands, and I have seen her around the city countless times, Salt Lake is a small place). Main point is that I am trying to avoid her all together to move on (although 9 months later and I would still take her back in an instant). The other day she texts me out of the blue "Hey, I'm gonna be coming to #my school# and was wondering if you could show me the ropes." My heart sank, my one place of solitude is now fucked, and seeing as how my school consists of around 2000 people and is a tiny campus, I am certain I will be seeing her everywhere. Apparently she got a full ride, so I told her congratulations, but am confused about how the hell to respond here. I didn't say anything back, and just today she sent me a text saying I should brush up on my tour guide skills. She knows I want her back, and I would love to try again, but with her lack of trust in me, I feel like she wouldn't give me another chance. I do feel like I have changed in the last year, but that doesn't really mean much in this situation. How do I react? Do I remain civil? How can I stay civil when everytime I hear about her or see her my heart is crushed, and she acts like nothing ever happened between us and we are best friends? Eh, I suppose its more of a rant, but any opinions would be appreciated. I know for a fact she is not dating anyone either.

Cliffs: Ex I was crazy in love (stereotypical "the one") with broke up with me based on trust issues, tried to get her back for months and failed, now coming to my small ass college of < 2000 people.

2. pharcyde92

pharcyde92 New Member

Dont let this situation haunt you in college as it may hold you from potentially meeting other women. get over it.

3. OhHai

OhHai New Member

I have gone through that phase. I have been in college for 3+ years.. Done the whole freshman party thing, looking for more.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

what does that have to do with it?

So find more... from a woman who you can get a fresh start and who already didn't tell you she cant trust you and won't date you.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you two again?

Worst.relationship.ever.

6. OhHai

OhHai New Member

Damn your incredible memory!

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Your story is truly hard to forget....it honestly what the worst one I've ever read :sad2:

8. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Your reply to this should have been "Oh, Congrats but I'm sorry I'm much too busy with stuff."

And then when you see her around campus. You avoid her. Make it like you're too busy and can't stop to talk to her. You see her, "Say Hi" but always Keep moving away and say "Bye, See ya around."

OR
    if you want to make the quick disconnect, you're reply to her text message could have been "Oh, Congrats but I'm sorry I'm kinda buried up to my head in pussy right now. TTYL"

9. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

Stay strong. Don't give her a tour man. Just ignore her and keep trying to get her out of your head.

10. drock1042

drock1042 New Member

University of North Carolina? woo hoo! I am going back to school...:bowdown:

11. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Yeah, seriously... how do you remember all this stuff?

12. iwishyouwerebeer

13. Vysion

Vysion New Member

:rofl: Silly beer... I didn't say I wanted to know all the details, I was just asking how you remember so much about year old posts... :rofl:

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

15. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

I read the first 6 posts here and said "damn, I wish I could read the rest of the threads (i don't have a sub), and thank you beer for posting them, its like you read my mind before I even ever thought of it! :)