Ex called..... no idea how to react. Need help.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Zee916, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

So my ex recently has started to text and call me. We broke up last October after 3.5 years and I have not seen her since that time. I didn't even see her when we broke up cause she did it over the phone and then refused to see or talk to me.

She called and wanted to talk about my family, what I'm doing and I was kinda like you know same old not much. I didn't see the point in chit chatting.

We get off the phone and she texts me 5 mins later saying "I really miss you."

I call her and say WTF are you trying to do here. She really doesn't give a straight answer and just says she misses seeing me again, what the fuck ever.

The next day she texts me and says "Would you still talk to me if you knew I dated someone else...?" I am just so completely lost on why she would bring this up to me.

Basically, what do yall think she wants from me? I have moved on from this thinking it was way over.

I have no idea if she broke up with me for this guy or how long after they started seeing each other. She did say "It helped me stay away." and I'm assuming that means me. Again no fuckin idea what that really means.

Now she says she needs time to think and will call me......

I'm pretty set on calling her today and pretty much laying it down that this shit shes doing is not gonna fly and whatever she wants needs to come out...

I need some input though..... thanks for the help.

Z

2. AutoEuphoria

AutoEuphoria New Member

She wants to get back together with you, but is probably still with another person right now. She's probably using the other relationship to keep her mind off of you, or at least, that's what she wants you to think.

What were the circumstances around the break-up?

3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

doesn't want to let go of the other guy unless its a sure thing with you.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

This is literally so typical I can't even believe it. She dumped you most likely (whether you know it or not) because she met someone else, she either told you or was too chicken so dumped you by saying maybe she thought you just weren't working anymore :mb:

Now, months down the road after you've successfully moved on and not contacted her she probably got dumped in her newer relationship and misses your attention. Please don't give her the satisfaction of answering her attempts to reach you. You've been great for months without her and now she just wants you back because she's been burned and she was comfortable with you. If she REALLY loved you you would have never broken up to begin with.

Please do call her today to tell her to not bother calling you anymore and how it's not going to happen. You'll give me (and the rest of the Vag) faith that there are still people out there who aren't pathetic and don't go back to their ex's just because they call them :x:

5. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

it doesnt matter what she wants. she shouldnt be telling you she needs time to think and that she will call you tomorrow. who cares? you sure shouldnt!

you are over her, just leave it be. her loss

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Ignore it. She's obviously with someone else, but thinking about jumping ship. She probably did it to you when you guys first broke up, and now she is doing it to someone else...do you really need to start a relationship with that pattern of behavior?

She's seeing if you would accept her, and is now "thinking" about which of you (you or her current bf) is better for what she wants. Notice how she isn't even wanting to hang out with you first...she's going on the memories of the past.

Please. You don't need this, you don't need to be someone's backup.

Forget her, if she wanted to be with you, she shouldn't have broken up with you earlier.

7. Zee916

Yup, thnx guys. I just needed to hear it from other people.
    Exactly what I needed to hear. Gonna tell her to :fawk: and :wavey:.

8. AutoEuphoria

AutoEuphoria New Member

Nice C5 :) I'm sure you'd enjoy that more than you'd enjoy her company.

9. Zee916

We dated for 3.5 years. She moved back to Houston after May last year. Broke up in October after nothing being said about anything wrong in the relationship. Completely out of left field.

Did it over the phone and have not seen her since then. We did talk but b/c of money issues.

Never have spoken about "us" until these messages. I shouldn't even have responded now that I'm typing all this out.

Should have told her a big FUCK YOU when she started this shit.

10. Zee916

Thnx and I do. :hsd:

11. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

Now THAT'S not classy. Merely ignoring all attempts of communication with her would have been just fine.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

always, always conduct yourself in a mature and professional manner when dealing with other people, especially in situations like this.

Be better, because you CAN

13. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

I <3 this forum

14. Quog

Quog YOU!!!

Do not date vine swingers. Do not take them back.

15. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

You need to delete her number and change your voice mail to a generic automated setup... ignore the calls and then when she texts pretend to have changed your number saying you just got this number. She will not bother you again.... took me 1.5 years to figure a way out to make my ex stop w/o changing my number... i dont get any issues now. week or 2 after you stop getitng messages change your VM back and your set. Any contact is bad contact

16. coldstone

coldstone New Member

:werd:

I like the name "vine swingers". First time I heard it.

17. coldstone

coldstone New Member

:rofl: I would SO do something like that.

18. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Good man. :h5:

Give me some ideas. I wanna fuck with some of my exs now. :big grin:

19. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

I don't get the whole no contact with ex thing. Why can't people just stay friends after they break up?

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because most people aren't ready for a platonic relationship soon after a serious relationship.

21. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Alright, bro. Whenever you are ready.

22. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

As if the others have not already told you:

-She picked up a rebound dude after you two broke up.
    -Chances are, the dude she is dating now was already waiting on the bench to be picked up when she ended things with you.
    - Things are going downhill for her and her new b/f so rather than be lonely she is talking herself into thinking you two should have never ended it and she wants a backup (you) for when she dumps or gets dumped by this other guy.
    - By going back to her you are likely just setting yourself up for heartache again.
    - If you were not over her then it *might* be worth giving it another shot and having faith in humanity.... even still, you'll likely get fucked over. The fact that you are over her now means you need to stay as far away from her as possible.

Call her and tell you (politely) that you're not interested, you've moved on, and she had her chance. Tell her to have a nice life, wish her the best, and then never pick up her phone calls.

23. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

Yeh I get that. But so many people just point blank ignore their ex without an explanation. Just delete the text..

How about a 'This won't work just now. Text me in a year.kthxbye'

24. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She wanted to make you jealous and get into your head. I wouldn't even bother calling. If she calls again hit the ignore button.

25. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

You don't need help, you solved your own problem.