MIL Evidently, this E-6 has boots that are older than me.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, May 5, 2007.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Silly crusty TSgt gets pissed at me because I tell him to do his job because a 4-star will get pissed at a 2 star who will get pissed at a Lt Col that I have to deal with daily if you don't. I'm sick of being chewed out by O-5s.

I was talking to a TSgt (E-6) in another flight, who tests the software that my guys develop. This one particular project is high profile to a stupid degree, and we needed it pushed live TODAY. I talked to the MSgt and TSgt over in the shop (only officer over there is a Lt buddy of mine who is TDY right now) and said "hey, I need you to skip the retirement ceremony and have your guys finish this..." I Get the run around of the Sq/CC said that we should go to the retirement, blah blah. I call up the Sq/CC and get approval. The TSgt is cool and all yes sir, no problem sir.

One of the airman in the shop later tells me about the TSgt bitching about me behind my back. "Stupid second lieutenant... I have boots that are older than him..blah blah" See, the thing is -- the guys like me, because I don't try to act better than them. This TSgt :greddy: is two faced. Kissed my ass, then talks trash on me when I'm not there.

/rant

2. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

No offense, but that Airman that told you is stupid for doing so.

3. ManinCamo

He's disgruntled and is on his way out, but he likes me.

4. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

I assume you're talking about the Airman.

I wouldn't spend much thought on it really, you asked him to do something (The TSgt), he responded professionally to you. Most likely he has a chip on his shoulder towards junior officers/officers. Most of the junior officers I've met on bases and what not, I haven't really cared for, way to political and uppity. Most of the officers I actually know, are special agents and really cool. It's probably that whole been in the military xx years and a LT is telling me what to do crap.

5. ManinCamo

Word...

:beer:

6. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

A conflict between an officer and an enlisted member? No way.

AN should have kept his mouth shut. The only thing an E-3 should be telling an officer is "thank you sir, may I have another."

7. ManinCamo

insecure enlisted, lol. :squint:

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

There is an officer here who tried to Article 15 an airman. She caught him with a beer the night of his 21rst birthday. It was not past 2359 hours, so she claimed underage drinking. Thankfully, the commander saw differently.

She is from the Academy.

9. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

woman officer :mamoru:

10. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

Sounds about right.

11. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

2d Lt? ride it out man, you have alot more shit to catch than that. once you get rid of the butter bar things will start changing.

12. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

mabey he does :dunno:

i could only imagine the shitstorm that would occure in our unit if some lance cpl was snitching on people to our lt. :noes:

13. Jyokker

No kidding, being an officer means you will piss some people off, and you should know that people talk about you. As long as morale is good and the mission gets done, who cares.

14. ManinCamo

The two faced shit is what pisses me off, and that the comments were made around his junior enlisted troops. I'd probably care less if it was around his buddies having a drink. I know I've probably had and will have a lot worse things said.

Oh, and Art 15 for birthday night drinking? thats pretty gay.

15. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Its that sort of stuff that I have to consider before I'll go sign up for OCS in the Navy. I'm not some jackass with a power trip, but I do demand accountability and I do demand you get your shit done when it's supposed to be done. Beyond that, if some enlisted thinks I'm worthless, fuck it, that's their problem.

16. Jyokker

When I was younger, I knew a guy very similar to the one you described. At first I believed his rantings about the Lt, but once I worked with the Lt I realized that the previous guy was a jackass who needed to retire. If this is really how this guy's character is, just give him time and he will show everyone how much of a jackass he really is. The great thing is that you don't have to do anything.

17. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

in my opinion, it isn't two faced; it's political reality. someone will always try to put you down in order to get themselves up a rung. like was said earlier, just let the the idiots weed themselves out- you have far more important things to accomplish than to fix someone's opinion of you.

every person new to the military is always hoorah this and that. you'll find your groove within a few years. absorb all you can while you are new. being headstrong is the worst thing you could be. i'm not suggesting that you are ate up and dont know your ass from a hole in the ground, i'm just pointing out that most of the people you'll work with for the first few years do. crusty old enlisted guys are the worst. don't let them get to you- though it may seem it is their only objective.

16-18+ year TSgts always amuse me with their ideals on how much better they could make things yet they fail to advance themselves to a position to do so. don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

18. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

hes already complaining :rofl:
    EDIT:heh i meant for that to sound sarcastic...youll get used to it

19. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

did they get the job done? if so go tell him he did a good job and be the better man

20. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

In the end that's all that matters.

21. ManinCamo

:werd:

good advice.

yea, he {his troops} got it done. :bigok:

22. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Are you fucking kidding me?

23. MrRyan

We call those "Roadies" don't know if anybody else does - "Retired On Active Duty" or R.O.A.D.

24. Jyokker

No sir, I have other stories as well. Here is another one: My boss (TSgt) went with her boss (2LT) to the morning staff meeting. This meeting has no assigned seats other than the CC and E9, but as with all regular meetings, people tend to sit in the same spots. The Lt told the TSgt to sit next to him as is customary in these meetings. This means that the TSgt was sitting in the Captain's normal seat. When the Captain walked into the meeting room she said "Oh, looks like a TSgt is sitting in my seat." The TSgt, said "I'm sitting where I am told to". Then the Captain proceeds to bitch about how she shouldn't have to give up her seat to a TSgt. Everyone else in the room is giving the Captain the :ugh: look. The CC has to tell the Captain that he assigned her a seat across the room :mamoru: The Captain finally sits down still bitching.

She is still bitching about it two weeks later, making comments in every meeting she attends.

Very petty, and loves to be the expert on any topic in other people's conversations.

25. MrRyan

I had to read that a few times not understanding that the Capt & CC were not the same thing. :o