Everytime I install a .exe installation I get a hungapp error - How do I fix?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GRocks10, Jan 26, 2006.

1. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Hey everyone,

As of lately, everytime I try to install specifically an installation file/program that ends in .exe - It always freezes the program but everything else works fine except that I can't install these of file extentions.. its really odd and starting to get very annoying now that I purchased an item that came along with a program that ends with the exe format and that would be the way to install it so I can use it.

Anyhow, everytime it freezes and I try to close it.. I'll get a popup that says if I want to report the error to Microsoft.. that error for this particular file or any file with exe. I was checking my event viewer and it shows MANY many files that I've tried installing with the same event numbers appearing.. if I try to install and obviously doesn't go through, my computer won't shut down properly and ignore as if I didn't make the action..

My event viewer for my most current installation I'm trying to install is Nokia PC Suite. Anyone know how to fix this?

So far I've tried system restore, defrag, updated windows XP with the newest security updates plus I can't download to many registry programs because my problem is Installing the programs.. thats what my problem is. EVERY time its a .exe file, it will freeze and not do a thing.. the only programs that I can download that I will not get the hungapp error is if its a file other than .exe.. I tried Boost XP which has a feature where it will fix the registry and though it has speed up my PC abit it still has NOT fixed my problem.. so I need a program that is not exe and is specially designed to fix the registry.. because apparently that IS my problem. Any help would be extremely appreciated!!

This is a screenshot of the error:

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hungapperror1yy.jpg

2. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Can anyone help?