SRS Everything's frustrating the absolute fucking shit out of me.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Uder, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Uder

Uder New Member

I seems to stem from my obsession with golf and my inability to move in an obvious positive direction, but if it wasnt golf it would probably be something else.
    I have anxiety disorders and aspergers syndrome which certainly dont help with some parts of learning.
    I try a trial and error version and I improve a little but nowhere near where I want to be, and I seem to injure myself. :o
    I try going to a PGA pro and they drive me fucking crazy. They intensify my hatred for people with their vague dribble, running contradictions and (what I see as) pure laziness of thought. They tell me to do one thing, I do it, then a few lessons later I can see the previous issue has come up again and they dont comment on it, they say that everything is good even though I'll be doing exactly what I shouldnt as per a few lessons before. Now this gives me no confidence in their teaching commitment whatsoever.
    They also like to state their is no "perfect swing", which leaves me to think they're brain dead morons who should be shot and fed to the animals in a zoo.
    It's a machanical action, of course there's a fucking perfect action you fuckwit, yes everyone's different but that just dictates how close you can get to that action.

Off the golf for a second.
    I have had depression for six or seven years beforehand, went to a psychologist for a few years, then to a psychiatrist, and I was on meds for a bit under a year. The reason I state this is that funnily enough I found my day to day life to probably be more enjoyable when I was in that depressed stage.
    Nowdays I sadly have the energy to get overly frustrated and fucking angry.
    There's always something to piss me off.
    The only suggestion from anyone I tend to trust was to look into logical positivism, which I have no confidence in at all as the description I was told was it's pretty much positive thinking. Which I think is blatant denial and one of the reasons why I hate the human world in general (eg. Never fixing problems, and opportunism). Now negative thinking (what's it called, maybe logical negativism :hsughr:) doesnt seem any better either sadly, so it seems I'm doomed.

Now there are quite a few positives in my life, I have supportive parents (even though they drive me fucking crazy sometimes), I have the chance to persue my dream of making a career out of golf as far fetched as it seems sometimes, although I dont really have a choice, it's either this or working in McDonalds for the rest of my life.

I have no idea where on earth this was going, but I guess that's my vent in hope of some magical answer popping up and solving my problems.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Well, you're never going to get some magical answer that solves all the problems in your life. If there was one, by god show me it so that it can fix everything in my life.

Golf is a very frustrating sport. I got a few lessons myself while I was learning because of a really really bad slice that I had (like, it was horrible! I would be slicing it over the fences at the driving ranges, and they were like 100ft tall.. or soemthing).

Anyway, the pros there would always tell me something different each time. What I did find, however, from these lessons is that you can't just listen to what they have to say and mimic it exactly. You aren't the trainer. You are your own player, and you have to develop something natural to you. I figured out what my problem was on my own with just experimenting with different types of shots. Slowly I analyze what other pros have told me and I incorporate them into my swing until I find a spot that I feel is my best and most reliable swing.

As for your pessimism, that is very hard to change. I was a strong pessimist when I was younger, and I still sorta am (figure that 5 years later). It's hard to change that sort of view, but I've sorta changed. I noticed that the pessimism was stemming from my depression so I hoped that stopping the pessimistic ideas would help stop some of my depression.

Of course, I've never seen a psychologist about any of this and this is al self diagnosis, so you don't have to take it to heart.

There is a quote that I have used in my life that changed my way of thinking:

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip."
    -Daniel L. Reardon

cliffs --
    You are your own person. No matter what anyone else tells you to do, you have to develop your own natural lifestyle (whether it's golf or it's your mindset)

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You need to smoke pot and relax or something.

edit - why are your choices "be a pro golf player" or "work at McDonalds?" I'm sure there's something in between there.