Everything I've read/tried in the sticky works (long read)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RyeLou, Aug 13, 2007.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I was the guy in high school who sat in the corner at the parties he drove his friends to/from. In college I changed that a bit with some more self confidence and I started getting more women. I'm not one to look for random hook ups and that has never changed. However, I've dated all sorts of women now. However, this poster sums things up:

[​IMG]

Sure, that's funny...but it's true to a point. Each of the women I've dated in my past were all obviously different, however a large part of the reason things didn't work out was the way I was. Not that there's anything wrong with me, but I allowed things to go a route they shouldn't have or I allowed them to act in a way I should have addressed much earlier.

Bottom line is I realized what I had been doing wrong. In reading the sticky post by Beast up top I actually realized quite a bit while learning what to do from here.

My last ex and I broke up about a month or so ago. After this one I decided something had to change. I was tired of running into the same problems, and like the poster above says a lot of them were my own problems. Each of the women I had dated had their own unique flaws, but I started to notice reoccuring issues with each of them. For some examples, I apologized for a lot of things I wasn't sorry for, I did a lot of things because I thought it would make them happy...not because I wanted to, etc. A lot of things you wouldn't think were a huge deal were actually wearing all of my relationships down.

Anyhow, so on to last week. I can't sleep one night and start going through the stickied post. Everything that was being said made perfect sense. Now I didn't read everything...that would take forever. I read some of the headings/posts (a lot of Anti-Dumps Machine) that I knew I needed help with. I read all this knowing I was going to Chicago this past weekend to visit some friends and go out to some clubs and what not...figured it would be a perfect time to try some of the new things out. To not make this too long, I got three numbers from women who all seemed interested. All I did was what Anti-Dump (I think) suggested. Break the ice somehow with them, talk a little bit. From there I simply said, "Hey we're on our way out, can I get your number?" or in two of the cases the women actually made their way back to me from across the bar and said, "We're leaving, you should come to (insert bar name here)" and again it was as simple as, "I don't know what I'm doing later, can I have your number?" It sounds sort of awkward at first, but it's so simple.

To no surprise, from here they all proved to be different. One girl started to give me the run around so I dropped her. Took her phone number out of my phone and gave no thought to it what so ever. One girl asked her friend to give me her number because she didn't have her phone, so I didn't do much with that one either. The final and third girl though proved to be interesting. I didn't end up meeting up with her but I spoke to her briefly later that night and the next day. I plan on calling her probably tomorrow or the next day (we'll see...I'm busy) and going from there.

Now here are the questions from the above. Like I said, this happened in Chicago. That's about 4 hours from where I live. Being that the Anti-Dump technique says to not see a girl more than once a week for the first few weeks, you would assume this distance is a good thing for the time being, correct? I didn't read anything on there about long distance relationships...and I'm not really concerned about it right now either. For all I know we'll hang out once and that will be all I need. If that isn't the case the distance doesn't bother me and I'd never be with someone (again) that I couldn't trust.

Question two...the only reason her and I are supposed to do something this coming weekend is because her parents actually live somewhat near me and she's coming home for the weekend. Howver, this leads to my other question. I know somewhere in the sticky I read about first dates...suggestions and what not. Being that I have no idea what is around where her parents live, how do I go about having a plan of action for that? I can't call and say "What do you want to do?" obviously. I suppose I could get on Yahoo or something and see if a bowling alley is around. What other ways of going about this do I have?

2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Updated: I'm hanging out with the one girl on Saturday. She didn't grow up around where her parents live so we're going to grab some ice cream or something and possibly hang out on her boat.

I kinda freaked myself out yesterday. I was so focused with what I was going to say on the phone that when I called her I never even considered her not answering. Should you normally leave a brief message in that situation or what? I did and she actually called back just a little bit ago, so it worked out nicely.

3. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

do a search for my name and the word phone in the text, or the name jkidd5 (my old name) with the word "phone" in the text... should cover everyhting you need to know about phone game

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'm subless at the moment. I'll do some digging around when I have some time though. Thanks.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I leave one message and one message only

"Hey this is Yail. Call me at 555.538.1212"

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I gave a little more detail but kept it short...less than 10 seconds for sure. Less is more on the phone.