Everyone has a "Matrix Reloaded" thread, and here's mine

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sam Gamgee, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

OK, I saw the Matrix Reloaded over the weekend... and I'm insanely confused.

So, the architect created the Matrix.

Does this mean that Neo is a computer program?

2. orie

orie social assassin

IBmove

3. Sam Gamgee

oh... that would explain why my search yielded no threads... I'll go over to flavor of the week.

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Yep, Neo is a program. :)

Ibmove

5. Sam Gamgee

Then why do we give a shit about it, if it's all a program?

I'm just not understanding why we care about any of the characters if they are all part of a computer program...

6. contactone

contactone OT Supporter

To me it came off like Neo is controlled chaos. To me the archcitect sounded like he controlled Neo's fate to lead him back home so he new when to start over.

7. darthmushu

darthmushu Guest

Neo being a program is the most popular theory. Think of how Agent Smith took over a real body (Bane) with his persona (he is a program). I think its gonna end up being the same with Neo. Its some dudes body, but teh architect or whoever put the program of the One into the body. But this time, due to AI, he will outsmart the Matrix...or will he? Im not sure if we will get the happy ending, we will see.

8. NoLiving

NoLiving Guest

I don't think Neo is a program. The architect talked about how the Matrix was accepted by 99% of humans who were placed in it. The rest of the speech I took to my understanding as to how to explain the last 1%.
    My theory is that the people in Zion are the ones who reject the matrix, the remaining 1%. The machines can't figure a way for these people to accept the matrix so they created Zion as a sort of "controlled leak" These are the people who won't accept the matrix and they go in and help remove the other people who won't accept the matrix meanwhile they keep all the functioning members of the matrix away from those who won't accept it.
    Periodically the machines go down to Zion and kind of do some house cleaning and the cycle starts over again. This is what the architect meant by Neo having to select some number of males and females in order to create a new Zion.

9. darthmushu

darthmushu Guest

I just dont' see why they don't just dicard the rejects. :dunno:

10. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

because they don't know the human mind, and can't tell who's rejecting it or not, that's why they have humans pick them out.