Everquest 2 v Questions

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by teep, Aug 19, 2006.

1. teep

teep New Member

I was thinking about picking this up. Everquest was the first MMO I played and for me it was the best. I know "better" games have been made since then, but I just can't seem to get into them. So my question to those of you that still play or used to play is, how does the gameplay compare to EQ1? Do you still play from a first person perspective? Are there still epic quests? Can you still relentlessly power level and twink?

Edit: Does anyone still play EQ1? haha Maybe I'll just reactivate the old account

2. Kolatd

Kolatd New Member

I suggest reactivating, EQ 1 again for a little bit the Progression servers are going smoothly and LOTS of people are playing. It's a lot of fun, Velious is going to opened within the next few weeks if your going to get in on it do it soon. About EQ2, fuck that shit. That game sucks dick. WoW is sorta fun, enjoy the pvp, but it's pretty repetative. Try out Vanguard when it comes out.

My .02

3. Raenor

Raenor New Member

eq prog was meh.

4. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

i play eq2, but if i were you i'd just reactivate your everquest account. i mean, eq2 is a great game (imho) and i have a lot of fun with it... but it is still different than eq.... yes, the graphics are awesome and the game is beautiful (make sure you have a high end system to see all this)... gameplay is fun, immersive, and there's epic quests that are major pains in the ass... leveling in eq2 is a lot quicker than in eq, but it does taper off as you gain higher levels.

imho, if you really want to find out more about eq2, i suggest downloading the 7-day trial and seeing how you like it... www.trialoftheisle.com

5. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

eq2 sucked...

I played progression server for the 1st month.
    It was FUN! I would have stayed but the progression is too fast for me.
    1 month per expantio is too damn fast.
    Should be 3-4 months.

Still was fun tho

only thing I liked about EQ2 was the spell effects.