SRS Ever wonder why you're here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by verbal, Feb 13, 2009.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I've been wondering it lately. I'm not complaining about life-- things are good and I'm better off that most people. By no means am I trying to sound ungrateful. I'm grateful for everything I have.

I just seem to get a lot of little inconviences in my life. Everyday it's one or two things that just make trying go through daily life a pain in the ass. And as they pile up, the feelings just snowball.

I'm not sure if any of you believe in fate or some form of it. Sometimes I fully believe in fate. Other times I feel we're on our own but God decides to make certain things happen in your life. I'm not sure where I'm going with that. I'm so scatterbrained right now and I'm just typing what comes to mind.

2. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Pfft yeah. I'm there every day, man. Pretty much worn out trudging through the daily bs.

There are fewer things keeping me in the here & now but their importance outweighs the more personal things that make the day unpleasant.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

Sometimes I feel like I'm cursed because I'm not supposed to be here. Long story short, I'm a surrogate child. My parents went through a lot of things in order to have me. It wasn't natural how I was brought into the world.

4. chickenfeather

chickenfeather New Member

Not natural, so that makes you supernatural :big grin:
    If that makes ya feel better

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

No, I don't wonder why I'm here, because that implies that there is a greater purpose to my life that I'm supposed to find. Since I believe there is no god, that leaves only the possibility that my life might fulfill a deterministic purpose, in which case I'll achieve it just by existing; other than that, the only purpose I have is the one I want to have.

As for how you came into the world, it doesn't matter. Does your shit stink? It does? Okay, you're not special -- or at least, you stopped being special after the first time you took a shit. And those little inconveniences? They're there to remind you you're not special.

It's been my experience that when people worry about the meanings of their lives, it's really a latent fear that they'll die without achieving whatever purpose they are supposed to (i.e. it's their job to) achieve. Well, I've got news for you, if a bunch of people can crash in an airplane and live, and another bunch can crash and die, all because of the weather, then none of us are particularly important.