Ever wish time would go by faster?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SuckerPhree, Feb 8, 2009.

1. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

I just came out of a 3 year relationship...
    I basically cut her out of my life in order to move on with our lives. Zero contact.
    (She insists we be friends... but I don't play those games.)

So, now I'm in the process of healing and getting over things.
    My routine, my habits... everything is changed...

I just wish time would go by faster because this healing process is slow and painful.

I honestly wish I could just meet someone new.

Thanks for your time

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hug: :hs: i know the feeling. just stay busy.

3. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

Netflix ftw
    I'm in the middle of watching The Soprano's

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hsd: at least that's something!! here's something a friend's once mom said that has stuck with me: don't plan weeks in advance, don't plan months in advance. you need to take things one day at a time, and if that's too hard, take things one minute at a time.

it kinda makes sense to me, and i've def reminded myself of it before, and it's helped

5. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

that drags time on even further in my opinion. The gf and I just broke it off yesterday and I'm not doing too hot myself :hs:

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

i think it depends on your personality. i'm the type of person who needs to take it day by day, when my mind races to the future sometimes it's just a worse feeling. :hs:

You'll get through this. I'm not going to feed you all the bullshit sugar coated words people do, like "It's for the best" or "You'll get over it". You know what you need to do pull through - just try to stay busy and occupy your thoughts.. :hsd:

7. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

It's a really bad one and hard for me to take. This will be the girl in my life who got away. Ive said since we started hanging out that there was somethign insanely special about her and I still feel it to this day. Somethign I can't really explain, but its just 'there' and i can feel it.

And this breakup came out of absolutely nowhere and was completely unexpected.:hs: It's going to take me a bit to get this all figured out and start moving on. Very painful.

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hug:

Hang in there. That's all I can really say.

9. Pringles

Pringles New Member

You gotta look at the cup half full man. The HARDEST PART is over, now it's all healing and all YOU finding what YOU want in YOUR life. You gots this.

I just ended it with my gf who did the I want to be friend bullshit. Hold yourself to higher standards.

10. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

took me a few months broski.

11. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

the thing is that it wasnt a bad breakup and it came out of nowhere. I know that I still want her in my life.

12. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

That is one of the best pieces of advice I have gotten.
    I'm definitely more like you than Nev, I guess. (Since I can't just make myself jump ahead.)

You're right. When I think about the future or things I could have done... I have a complete mental break down. There's no way I can handle it.

I need to take it one hour at a time. I constantly have to tell myself I'm going to fine and that I have a lot of good times ahead of me.

13. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

Yea, being "just friends" seems to just string one of you along for an emotional ride.

Ending it period is the best idea, imo.

14. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

That's pretty normal. That feeling will get less and less as time goes on, I promise. It just really fucking sucks initially, I know! :hsd:

15. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

listen to this man

16. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

Yes sir.
    I intend to

17. lauren

lauren Active Member

no, it goes by too fast as is :hsd:

18. formul8

formul8 New Member

Took me about 6 months and a rebound to get over my 3.5 year relationship that ended last May.

The rebound actually knocked a lot of sense into me and has become a very great friend of mine. (we both needed the rebound!)

Just get rid of everything. I threw away all cards, trinkets, deleted all photos and Facebook, numbers, etc. I want NOTHING to remember her by.

It gets easier everyday.

19. pollux

pollux OT Supporter

i was about to say never except for the fact that i really wished time would go faster after my breakup too. that's the only time in my life when i did. just remember though, life is short as it is and that you should really treasure the other things you have. keep busy :hs:

20. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Its the best worse feeling in your life.

Just need to look at it one way. You admitted that it wasnt a bad break up, right? You admitted and KNEW that it was just holding the BOTH of you back in life, right? You know that and admitted that the healing process hurts and takes time, right?

You did the right thing. According to you, inside in out, although you were in love, you know it (the relationship) wasn't good for either of you, aside from your emotions/well being due to the relationship. Now the ONLY thing hurting you, is the feelings from said relationship.

Think of it this way, you may have cut ties with your companion/SO, but you just re-gained your life. You can go ahead and pursue what it is that will make you truely happy, maybe a career, maybe a hobby, travelling, etc, what ever it is, you broke up the relationship BECAUSE of.

Just keep your head high, take it day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, hell, second by second. Do what works for you. :hsd:

21. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

Haha, yea, I did that already.

Actually, I'm still in the middle of finding random shit I looked over.

22. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

Yea, my work is keeping my busy from 6:30 am - 6:00 pm.
    After that I work out.

I try to go to bed by 9:45.

I just try not to think about her during everything in between.

23. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

Wow.. are you one of my RL friends? lol You know so much.

Anyways, you're right.

Our break up reminds me of a thread that was started on OT about "relationships taking work."

I was struggling in my mind if the relationship was worth the amount of work required or if I would be happier in another relationship where I didn't have to work as hard. (Simply because a new SO would be more compatible.)

24. Osiris^

Osiris^ Creepy as fuck son OT Supporter

Hi guys, just dropping by to let you know you're not alone - another new singleton here :(

My girlfriend broke off our 3 and a bit year relationship a couple of weeks ago. Basically doesn't love me anymore. It's been a long time coming, but that still doesn't prepare you for the reality of it actually happening.

It's harder too because I moved to her home town to be with her, and we've got a house together and shit... and with work and college for the next 18 months I've gotta be in this area (~200 miles from family). But I'm working 30 miles from where our house is, so I've been looking at house share websites in the same city as my work, had a few viewings last week and am looking to move out pretty soon. I got on really well with the person I'm going to be moving in with, so let's just call it my mini fres start:hs:

Whoever said take it day by day is speaking 100% truth. That's the hardest part; when I look into the future and know that it's going to be some other guy walking up the aisle with her on wedding day, someone else is going to take her on a honeymoon, etc etc. There were so many things I wanted to do with her, so many places I wanted us to go. That shit runs deep and is really difficult to accept. Plus we got on so well as friends and had so many shared interests, I feel like I'm losing more than a lover. And she seems completely over it, and almost seems happier now that we're apart.... which is hard.

I wish this healing period would hurry up - I'm struggling but I can see my way clear:hs:

Just one day at a time.