SRS Ever Wish For Death?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Olgo Vukyaselv, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Alarm clock rings. Drag yourself out of bed. Spend an hour or so driving to work, praying not to be killed by assholes on the road. After at least eight horrible hours at work, risk being murdered again for an hour driving home. Get home. Too tired for any fun. Forgotten what "fun" is, anyhow, because you're already dreading tomorrow. Go to bed. Start it all over again. Goes on forever. What's the point?

2. Daria

Daria New Member

I can't speak to your situation personally, but I only felt this way when I was very depressed. I would feel as though a bus would run over me and I would be OK with it.

I went on medication shortly thereafter and all of the thoughts of death never even crossed my mind. When things get really bad, they still do, but with this medication, I feel like I can do something about my situation, so I do and I fix what's making me unhappy or learn to deal with it somehow.

For example: before medication - only thoughts of death. After medication - thoughts of death rarely, but I have the willpower to figure out how to deal with my predicament

I am in NO WAY saying that you need to be medicated, but if you are having suicidal thoughts, see a doctor and get help immediately.

As for "dreading tomorrow", you need to figure out some way to get out of the rut you're in. Even changing jobs can give you the change you need so that maybe the commute won't bother you so much because you're happy about your new job, for example.

3. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Sounds like you need a whole LIFESTYLE change, not just a different job. Do you have kids/wife/family?

4. Thanks, Daria and saosko. Just feeling a little blue right now. I appreciate your responses.

BTW, saosko, I trust that you will have the good grace to not mention this thread in TP? Oh, WTF, they'll see it anyway.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Yes, I have. I still do, on most days.

Stay strong, and fight as much as you can, but it will be the hardest fight of your life. :hug:

6. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I think it's "normal" to think about the idea rarely; however, if you are contemplating suicide as a possible alternative to any event(s)/situation(s)/person(s) please call 911 if you are in immediate danger. Otherwise, to talk to someone free call:
    1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The problem is that your not making any changes to your life to make it enjoyable, you have your fate into your own hands, on one hand lies death, in the other lies life, which hand do you choose? Life is supposed to be hard, that's how we learn, and throwing in the towel is the worst you can do. The best thing is to alter your lifestyle, work less, enjoy more.

8. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

9. 7960

7960 New Member

mine?

no.

10. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

1. It doesn't go on forever.

2. Everyone thinks about how they might die, it's an instinct to help you avoid it.

I don't think you're wishing for death, I think you're wishing for change, but you don't see any way to effect that change yourself, whereas death would do it for you.

11. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

I can so relate buddy. Other than the worry about being killed, I too wonder the whole point of it all.

Work, eat, sleep, repeat and rinse until you die ...

I hear this a lot. If it was so easy to make a fundamental lifestyle change you think he(we) wouldn't have already done it already?

It can be easy to know what is wrong, know the practical steps required to make a change. But the courage and will to make that change can be lacking.

I've always like the ideas in the movie Fight Club ... Only once you've hit rock bottom or truly lost everything, then you can truly be free. The things you own, end up being the things that own you ... etc.

But in all that I see hope in your post, I don't think you wish for death, but wish for something new. If you wished for death you wouldn't be "praying not to be killed by assholes on the road". Which is a good sign, as you have a sense of self preservation.

But not knowing the full situation it's hard to suggest, are there any hobbies or activities you really enjoy?

12. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Most days. Yes. I have things to live for, but there's always the exhaustion, pain & other weird brain stuff that just sucks the luster out of it all. Things that some would find to be only small setbacks are much more difficult to overcome. I don't relate to people as well as I want to, nor do they to me. Life is not what I always wanted to make of it and there are no tools that can help me change certain facts that hinder me. I keep noticing changes that are not for the better and I want to be free.