TAT Ever realize you couldn't handle the pain?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by verbal, May 5, 2007.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Anyone ever find out you couldn't handle the pain of a location you wanted to get tattoo'd?

I want a tattoo on my side so badly but I honestly don't think I could handle the pain.

2. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

When I got mine on my lower abdomen it was pretty intense when she got really low towards my groin.

When she was outlining it I actually had the thought in my head "I wonder how many people just can't hack the pain and just get up right now and walk out never to get their tattoo finished."

I made it through but some of it was excruciating. It felt like she was tattooing my bladder. I was miserable for about 2 1/2 hours.

3. bastid

bastid New Member

neck/collar sucks too. a lot of my problem was that i was sitting up and trying to lean my head back. once i laid down it was easier, but still hurt like hell.

4. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

i've had some intense areas. stomach and outsides of the pectoral muscles are probably my worst. ribs aren't that bad if the artist knows what they are doing. for me, if a tattoo has significant meaning, it doesn't matter how much it will hurt... after the pain subsides you have something totally worth it.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I can't see it happening a whole lot. If a customer tried to walk out half way through a tattoo with us, we'd convince them to at least finish the outline that way they're not walking around with a POS cause if someone asked where they got it they're gonna say our shop name and it'll look bad on us. No artist wants bad publicity.

6. joy division

joy division New Member

i couldn't even finish my last outline :wtc:

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

when i got mine done I went in with a stressed trapezius muscle in my shoulder. The whole tattoo was ok cept for everytime he hit the right side of it on my shoulder I wanted to scream, walk out or punch my tattoo artist.

8. JuniorH

JuniorH New Member

I just got my inner bicep done and it really wasn't bad at all. It is about as close to my arm pit as you can get, I heard that is a really sensitive area from a lot of people. But honestly it was probably the easiest tattoo I've ever gotten, I was extremely relaxed for some reason.

I actually asked my artist if any of his clients have had so much trouble with the pain that it caused a problem, and he told me only a couple of times. I mean you gotta expect that its gonna hurt, they all do you know. Just grit your teeth and deal with it sally.

9. verbal

verbal Active Member

Sides of your pecs meaning the outside edge or the actual side near your ribs? I just got a tattoo on the edge of my right pec and it was the most painful tattoo, but I only have two (other is the inside of my right wrist).

I have a few other tattoos planned and I like the inner bicep area but after my chest I can only imagine how much more painful that will be.

10. slimBoost

slimBoost New Member

(I know this is like my first post sorry for lack of a better intro :x)

I recently got a sidepanel from my hip to under my armpit and it was exruciating. I was only doing 2-2.5 hours a week max (8 hour total) but there was one part over the ribs where he was shading and it got so bad I had to ask him to give me a break for a cigarette.

I cant imagine just getting up and leaving it half done forever, I cut one session short because I was sore but you just come in a few days later and the pain is bearable again.

I also got this tattoo taking nothing but tylenol. :big grin:

11. joy division

joy division New Member

I was getting this huge like 1/3" butterfly on my ankle and i threw up and passed out on the guy and he took advantage of me.

12. verbal

verbal Active Member

:rofl: I have two tattoos-- one on my inner wrist and one on my upper right pec. For the wrist, I had to ask him to stop halfway through cause I was getting lightheaded and almost passed out. For the pec, I had to have him stop twice due to the same.

I guess my body is a pussy and can't handle it. I'm not sure if it's due to the nervousness I get when I get something done or my body not handling it. Maybe a bit of both. I want so much more work done. I wish there was a way to stop that from happening.

13. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You wanted it.. you know you did. :kdubb: Now come let me finish that butterfly already.:mamoru:

14. offbla6k

offbla6k New Member

i live in socal but my artist is in norcal.. so the last time i went in, we wanted to get the rest of the side piece finished.. i ended up getting tattooed for 5 hours and i can't tell you how many times i wanted to get up and walk.. but then i just kept thinking about how much it'll be worth it after. corny but true hahahaha

15. joy division

joy division New Member

ohmans but you're soooooo manly! I just faint at your scent...mm...

Last tattoo I started I went in at 1:30pm and got out at 11:30 pm. He wanted to keep going, the shop had long closed, I was ready to fall over and die.

16. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

the thing that sucked about getting my neck done was sitting slouched with my head forward for 3.5 hours, even with a break. the actual pain of the tattoo itself doesn't really bother me. :dunno:

although i'm not sure that's the norm. :o

17. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

My inner arm near my pit hurt a lot, but I was able to just take it. Now my foot on the outline. That was pretty painful and I don't know how I sat though it. I guess because I'm very stubborn and I wanted it done. I just set my mind to just take it. I've never walked out half way because of the pain or any reason.

18. joy division

joy division New Member

took him forever to draw it. Only got 1/4 the outline done, but it will be a 60 hour piece :wtc:

19. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

outsides of the pectoral muscle. any more on the "side" and you're in the armpit.

20. Memor

Memor Active Member

personally the 2 stages for me to up my tattoo pain threshold are:

- relax every limb and muscle when the pain hits
    - once relaxed, remind yourself that no matter how you move or what you do, the pain won't subside and there's no use fighting it

little by little i'm getting better at sitting quiet

21. star tits

star tits Guest

I have a lot of tattoo's now, and until recently had been able to handle every one of them. My most recent one was almost unbearable. It was right on my side, up near my ribcage. I almost couldn't handle sitting there for 3 hours.. I actually had to take breaks. But, when it was done... it was defenetely worth it. :big grin:

22. iridewheelies

iridewheelies down to ride?

u took tylenol before or after the tat? does it help if u take it before?

23. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

this is why i just sit and let it pass. sometimes it does hurt like a bitch, so i breathe slowly through those moments, but i know the more i ask for breaks and whatnot, the longer it will take. and i try to be a "good sitter" to make my artist happy. in fact, my artist complimented me several times for sitting so well. :o because honestly, my neck hurt like hell, but i knew it was partially up to me how long it would take. so i took it like a rockstar, and now i can tell people how tough i am:rofl:

24. Memor

Memor Active Member

breaks also suck because the first minute or so when you start back up hurts more as you get used to the pain again

25. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

for sure. that was part of the reason i didn't ask for any. that and no breaks made my artist happy - i figured if he needed a break he'd say so, and he did - but if he was "in the zone," so to speak, better to just let him go and do his thing. the pain is passing, but the ink is permanent.:noes: