GUN Ever had an unbelievable score purchasing a firearm?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 15, 2005.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was just talking with a friend about best deals we've ever scored, I have two that come to mind.
    I was in a shop browsing around, lady comes in selling some handguns that apprently belonged to her dead husband, I'm browsing and evesdropping on the conversation the guy at the counter seems to be raping her on what he'll give her. I didn't get a good look at all she was selling but 2 that caught my eye were a 1911 and what appeared to be an artillery model luger with the long barrel, he gives a her like $500 for several handguns, says she'll be back she has more in her car, I followed her out and told her that guy was severely ripping her off, she goes on about how she just wants these things out of her house she's got her grandkids over all the time, I ask if I can look through what she's got and maybe buy some myself, theres a mini30,sks alot of old stuff i really had no knowledge of but probably should of bought anyway. I set an enfield, k98, some reloading supplies and some ammo aside then I open up a rifle case :eek3: see a dragunov style weapon thought it was an ndm86 at first then look at the reciever and see its a russian Tigr :eek3: I ask her what she wants for everything I have set aside she asks me what I think a fair price is :hsugh: I say $1000 she goes :eek3: Ok. Anyway thats the story of my best deal ever, in case your wondering how much everythings really worth, the reloading press is worth like $200 another couple hundred worth of misc reloading stuff, enfield and k98 $150 each, and I've seen Tigr's selling for as much as $2300.

My other good buy story also happend in a gun shop different one though, first and last time in that shop I went in to see what they had but it was all overpriced deer rifles, about to go see a guy at the counter asking if they'de buy his rifle counter guy goes "we dont sell that crap here" i catch a look at the rifle its some sort of AK, me and guy both walk out at the same time I askem what it is, says its an ak with folding stock he got years ago and wants to get rid of, how much? he tells me $350 I ask if i can take a good look at it its a Norinco56S underfolder, I'll take it :bigthumb:

2. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I need to start hanging out at more gun stores then :o

My best deal is probably my Glock 26. He had only fired one partial box of 50 rounds through it. I bought it off a friend for $380 cash, plus a couple parts off my totaled truck. No loss there since it was stuff that was headed to the junkyard anyway.

3. soccaian

soccaian New Member

pics of the tigr?

4. sextech

sextech New Member

I got my colt ar15 for doing a front brake job on a jeep grand cherokee, i had to buy the parts though. good thing i worked at the dealer and got the parts for free.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Will post later, I'm at work now. If your just curious what they look like they look similiar to the romak svd's
    google image of a svd, about how mine looks now, tigr is civilian version has uglier stock and forened but i bought the military stock and handguards for it, in
    [​IMG]

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

nice my Garand i got from a friend who got it the same way as you, has his own shop though, i got it off him by trading him an old dirt bike.

7. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All I need is an RPD, PKM, and a demilled rpg and my soviet cold war weapons collection is pretty much complete

In all honesty it aint the greatest weapon, if i didnt fuck up the scope on my savage it would should alot better then the tigr, most US bolt action guns would, its more of designated marksmans rifle then a sniper rifle.. There only so expensive now cause they cannt be imported otherwise it probably wouldnt be much more then the romanian knock offs.

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

20 gauge wingmaster, used, like new, $100

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just thought of another not a gun but firearms related, traded an old beat up carbon fiber exhaust to goatslayer for 5 or 6 USGI ar15 mag's back durring the ban when they were pricier

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm working on a few freebies got a friend in iraq been telling him to strip every SVD he finds before turning them into be run over by a bradley, says hes got a couple mags and stocksets already for me doesn't know if he'll be allowed to bring them back though :x:

12. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Out of curiousity what kind of press did you get?

13. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

no dillon no care :dunno:

I have a Lee Anniversary kit myself :hsugh: :cool:

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its an older dillon one, got the press, a lot of 30 cal bullets, misc brass, dies, storage cases, and a pretty nice digital scale I have a RCBS one too

15. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:run:

rcbs.. is it a rockchucker? :kdubb:

16. 7

I take it its a progressive then? I was just hoping you weren't going to say you got a single stage that was worth $200 and then name a common brand :o

17. 7

I have a rockchucker, its not bad, though I think I'd look at Redding if I had to do it again.

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think its called the turret, its a pretty cheap one I didnt buy this one I got with a few other things in a trade. its out in my garage :o

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

yeah its progressive, I think its a 5 something series.

20. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Damn you, I want a Tigr and I'll probably end up paying top dollar for one :(

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'de wanted one for a long time before I got it, I thought I'de never find a decent deal on one and was considering settling for a NDM86..

22. soccaian

soccaian New Member

i really want an SVT-40 or some drag-style rifle

i'm really in love with the 7.62x54

23. spooney

spooney WTF Sony?

Just bought a Winchester Mod 70 .30-06 brand new in box, for $214.87.

24. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm still lacking a SVT-40 :o I have a ppsh kit that I dunno if I'll ever build. but yeah I need an SVT too to complete my collection.

25. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:eek5: