Ever had a "Do not want" breakup?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Taker, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

neither side wanted to part, but circumstances doesn't allow things to continue. (example, permanently moving away)

mind sharing some stories and how you coped with it?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Mind sharing your story?

3. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

I've had "should not have" sex

does that count?

4. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

god she was 17 too :coolugh:

5. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

i had to go to bed last night :o actually i didn't know what to call it until i saw your av

basically, fell in love with an international students, i knew this beforehand, but then i thought everything is gamble and chances and something could work out (if she was allowed to stay..etc) so i went for it anyways...and then eventually the inevitable comes and she had to leave the US

6. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

ah don't sweat it

have no regrets man. I'm sure you would have been involved with her even if you had known for sure that she would be going back.

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

so you guys will never ever see each other again?

maybe its just because I'm at a point in my life where i would just pick up and leave with my SO, but why couldnt one of you do that? granted, this all depends on age, seriousness of the relationship (cause you should be damn serious if you move to another country to be with someone) and living/job circumstances. so, how old are you, how long have you guys been dating?

8. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

i'm 23, it was less than year but we both treated it seriously

i have no problem going somewhere else, but its still a big deal to pickup and go live in another country on your own..esp since it really wasn't too long a relationship. i decided to stay for about a year to at least have a fallback plan (career-wise) and then go venture...it'd be a good experience regardless just to live in another place even if thigns don't work out

sorry for the fail english :o

9. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

i have no regrets, initially when she boarded the plane i was so crushed

now i'm over that stage...but i'm kind of just "floating" emotionally

we still talk whenever we could...but it just always have that :hs: because i don't feel that i have a proper closure

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

bullshit.

If both people had high interest level they would find a way to make it work.

Sounds like the plot of a Bollywood movie.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Assuming, of course, that they are both adults who support themselves. ;)

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd:

I'm all for the whole star-crossed lovers thing, but it's important to come back to reality at some point. I've had a couple flings here and there with women where we both got terribly swept up only to come crashing down later. I think that fantasy of it is part of what makes it so passionate sometimes. I mean if the relationship ran it's normal course you'd probably find a real reason to break up and then it wouldn't be so romantic.

13. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

i think dropping everything and going to a country i've never been to, doesn't speak the language is kind of a big deal, don't you? for a <1 year relationship

My current plan is to work here (a "real" job) for about a year or so, and then go there for a year and see where things go. I think this gives time to get over the initial "high" or passion, "Was it really something special?" and allows me to gain experience in my career, instead of 2 years out of college with nothing to show for it

Engineers don't do so hot outside the US :hs:

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Your gf wouldn't have moved to a different country if she had high interest level in you.

edit - didn't read entire story. Students aren't usually in control of their own lives at that age.

This case is the exception... kind of... cuz let's be serious, high interest level would've either come back or moved here.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

High interest > career > school > dog shit > low interest

In other words, people give up careers for high interest relationships.

But with low interest, no one cares. 99% of the "does she like me?" threads posted by guys here are low interest by the woman.

Interest is judged by the woman's actions, not by what she says.

"omg i love you so much... i'm going to miss you when I move" = low interest (the average guy would be fooled here, thinking that the girl has high interest because she's talking about how much she loves him. The socially intelligent guy would identify this as low interest and not waste any more time with this girl)

"i turned down a job in NY to be with you in CA" = high interest

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ that's like the best post in the Vag right there

17. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: i agree... if you find a high interest mate, nothing should stop you from keeping them.

i'm a self-proclaimed workaholic, and i wouldn't take a career over an SO. he'd obviously have to be pretty damn special though ;)

18. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

:werd::werd: :werd: :werd:

19. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've had "want more sex"

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I wouldn't advise it. :dunno: Unless you have a very viable second option that makes you happy.

Of course, women don't put as much stock into careers as men do, so it's going to be a lot easier for a woman to give up a career than a man.

But a man comprimising what he loves to do for a relationship? I assert that you simply aren't compatible. ;)

21. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

thank you captain obv...

22. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

I have chronic "I want it everyday all the time" syndrome

23. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

so...nobody else have any experiences they're willing to share? :o

24. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:dunno: Just never been in or started a relationship that I knew beforehand could end abruptly.

25. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Oh I've sort of been in the situation before. It always involved long distance and ended up in me picking up my entire life only to end up heart broken and going home with my tail between my legs. Starts off all passionate and romantic, but the reality is feelings were just exaggerated because of the impending doom. Have you ever felt closer to someone right before they leave on a long trip? It's the same kind of thing.

Only other situation I can really think of like that I've been in is this pseudo forbidden romance I had with someone in my life. There were and will always be many significant reasons why she and I will never have any real connection, but we care deeply for each other and the underlying tension there is greatly heightened by the fact that it is something that can't happen.

When it comes down to it, though, I'll pick a real, high interest relationship over those fantasy relationships every time. Reality isn't always intensely passionate or romantic, but if you to it right, it can be those things. And I'd rather have a long term relationship with someone where the passion ebs and flows than have the eb and flow be a different person every time.